Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pay and Display coming to Carlow Train Station

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Thats a very good price for a weeks parking.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

drive to sallins & naas and park there instead? its free :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭patrickc

ShayK1 wrote: »
    drive to sallins & naas and park there instead? its free :)

surely that'll be charged too as its on the commuter line

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

patrickc wrote: »
    surely that'll be charged too as its on the commuter line
    The stations where pay parking is set to be introduced are:

l Dundalk, Drogheda, Laytown, Balbriggan, Skerries, Rush & Lusk, Donabate, Malahide and Portmarnock on the northern line.

l Sutton, Killester, Clontarf Road, Booterstown, Dalkey and Bray on the DART line.

l Athlone, Portarlington, Kildare, Newbridge, Hazelhatch, Carlow, Athy, Portlaoise, Clara and Monasterevin on the Heuston commuter line.

l Coolmine, Maynooth, Mullingar, Edgeworthstown, Leixlip Confey, Kilcock, Enfield and Longford on the Maynooth/Longford line.

l Arklow, Wicklow, Rathdrum and Gorey on the Wicklow/ Gorey line.

ShayK1 wrote: »

thats wierd there leaving sallins and naas out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭fitzyshea

Id say its a typo. Carpark there is very small.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

How can they charge for people to park at the carpark at the train-station in carlow. In fairness it's more of an extended hard-shoulder than a carpark. Stupid and Outrageous.

Bagenalstown has a damn fine carpark where the car's can be securely locked in over-night, well it has a gate and is tarmaced but it's not being charged. Seems a bit random and a desperate attempt to mae a bit of money me thinks

stick-dan wrote: »
    How can they charge for people to park at the carpark at the train-station in carlow. In fairness it's more of an extended hard-shoulder than a carpark. Stupid and Outrageous.

Bagenalstown has a damn fine carpark where the car's can be securely locked in over-night, well it has a gate and is tarmaced but it's not being charged. Seems a bit random and a desperate attempt to mae a bit of money me thinks

they may sort out the brewery carpark so, as in who owns what first

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭mcdonrob

Does anyone know how much the Iarnród Éireann staff car park costs, or what BIK is levied?

There is currently planning permission up outside the station saying what they plan on doing it includes works on the car park and a new car park on the other side of the station.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

I expect there'll be plenty of people parking badly on the surrounding streets to avoid paying.

Of course since I live near the station I'll probably have to fight for a parking spot. Yay!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Milktrolley

Nationalist story:
    http://www.carlow-nationalist.ie/news/story/?trs=mheyojmhoj&cat=news

Its total bs to be honest. Irish Rail provides an unreliable, expensive service -the only thing they have going for it is that if/when you get a seat it's more comfortable than the bus and there's *usually* no traffic.

With a car park that small I can't imagine it'll be a major money-spinner. They say that the money (~€1m nationwide annually) will be re-invested in the rail network, but from a selfish Carlow perspective, that'll probably be in a region that Carlovians won't frequent very often.

Mary White in fairness to her has been speaking out against the shambles that is Irish Rail. Still no sign of the 5:35 returning, still no sign of bikes being accommodated on trains.

Irish Rail are sh!te in other words. [/rant]

Nationalist story:
    http://www.carlow-nationalist.ie/news/story/?trs=mheyojmhoj&cat=news

Its total bs to be honest. Irish Rail provides an unreliable, expensive service -the only thing they have going for it is that if/when you get a seat it's more comfortable than the bus and there's *usually* no traffic.

With a car park that small I can't imagine it'll be a major money-spinner. They say that the money (~€1m nationwide annually) will be re-invested in the rail network, but from a selfish Carlow perspective, that'll probably be in a region that Carlovians won't frequent very often.

Mary White in fairness to her has been speaking out against the shambles that is Irish Rail. Still no sign of the 5:35 returning, still no sign of bikes being accommodated on trains.

Irish Rail are sh!te in other words. [/rant]

Bikes are accommodated on the new trains.

fitzyshea wrote: »
    Bikes are accommodated on the new trains.

for a fee nearly as much as a person

Advertisement