Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork Ring Roads

Options
  • 17-07-2008 12:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭

I know this may sound stupid, but can anyone give me a quick explanation why politicians don't got the same as in Dublin and just give Cork a single ring road.

Wouldn't it be a good idea when the NNR is finished to redesignate the entire ring road as the M40 or something. Having motorway restrictions wouldn't be a bad thing either.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭D.L.R.

Not sure motorway restrictions are possible on much of the existing SRR, but all for the idea of a separate route number. Be a while before we see the Northern half though so I doubt it'll come up soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

i agree, it should be different route number
    like in belgium the ring roads are R roads, R0, R1 etc (and also a different number for clockwise/anti-clockwise, not sure about this part of it though)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭D.L.R.

speaking of clock/anti-clock, wouldn't be a bad idea to introduce this on the M50. northbound/southbound is incompatible with the port tunnel/former M1 section.

Advertisement