If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Panasonic Plasma vs Toshiba LCD

Options
  • 16-07-2008 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

What do you think of Toshiba 42 XV500PG full 1080P, at 1050 E as against Panasonic Th42PY80EY Plasma at 1600E (but including a glass stand value 300 E and a DVD player), say real price of 1250 E for the plasma?
    Is this a good deal and is the plasma worth the difference of about 200 or 250 Euro?
    According to the salesman in Harvey Norman,, the Panny is way ahead of the 1080P 42 in. Toshiba LCD. The Panasonic has a full 5 yr. guarantee and he owns one himself and considers that there is no comparison, stating that there is only one worth considring ahead of it, a Pioneer (I assume a much more expensive plasma as well). He also states that there is no problem with "burn in" or pixel death, and states that it has a lifespan of 100,000 hours, and a dynamic contrast ratio of 1 million to one , a native contrast of 30,000 to 1.
    I have seen a few good things about it on the net this evening, but would value any help or advice you can give me regarding the set and where to get the best deal. I an not technical and am a pensioner and all I want the tv for is for watching programs with Sky +, no gaming! I would not mind the extra cost if it is a good idea to future proof the set. I live in Leitrim.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Tattoosnob

Hi, The info you got is pretty much spot on, I don't think you need a Full HD panel though so you should consider the pv80 instead especially as you don't seem to have a full hd source. If you can get another few quid together you should check out the Pioneer 428XD or 4280xd, spectacular sets in every regard. Good Luck

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.