Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The dundalkeye is now online

Options
  • 16-07-2008 8:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

the dundalk eye is now online. it is still in very early stage but you will get the idea.
    http://thedundalkeye.blogspot.com/

your feedback is very welcome

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭miceal

Well done!

What about once a week doing a piece about Dundalk in days gone by, i think you need more sport as well! Soccer, Gaelic, Ice Hockey, Hurling, tennis, greyhounds, horse. Sport in Dundalk is not limited to Dundalk FC.

Under age drinking i though was very short being honest it could have been longer name and shame the hang out of the kids so the wider audience are aware of where they are.

Since we are in the middle of the summer how about a piece for the parents on keeping the children occupied.

One thing please NEVER put in a Dear Deirdre piece. I think that bit ruins the Dundalk Life!

I enjoyed the read and have bookmarked it for future reading. Is it going to be weekly, fortnightly or monthly?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Congratulations on creating your first issue :)

I've a couple of suggestions though;

1) Firstly I'd advertise this more as an 'E-Magazine' as opposed to a newpaper as it doesn't really have the look of a newspaper. Doing this would also give you freedome to be more creative with story ideas like the person above suggested.

2) I'd be careful in terms of legality. I don't know the law inside out here but is it OK for you to give full home addresses in Court stories? I'd look in to this as I've been informed that its definately not allowed in UK journalism.

3) Proof read your work before publishing it. Poor grammar and spelling can let down otherwise good stories. Perhaps get a friend to read through it also for things you may have missed yourself.

I hope you don't see these points as negative they are merely meant in a constructive manner. All in all I did enjoy reading it and will definately keep an eye (no pun intended) out for future issues.

Best of luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Well done and best of luck :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Bingles

Well done looks great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Our Net-Security software won't let the site through, so I can't see it. My brother and a friend both tried as well and their security software also bars the site. Is it because of the "blog" reference in the Site Address or is there some content that might trigger Internet security software to block it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Dundalkeye

There should be no probs getting on to the site all thats on it is flash . what software are you using?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Dundalkeye wrote: »
    There should be no probs getting on to the site all thats on it is flash . what software are you using?

Websense - it's on over 3000 PCs here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭darrenw5094

People love to see themselves and friends on the 'Out & About' photos section. Don't have to call it that but, plenty of photos would be a big help to pull in viewers.

Advertisement