Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multiroom Question

Options
  • 16-07-2008 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

I have just had Sky+ put in and the engineer said his job was an installation and relocation - as in he would be relocating the standard box in another room.

I wasn't aware I was getting this as part of the deal getting Sky+ in but figured I'd let him go ahead and set it up as what else was I going to do with it.

One thing though - I have not been posted a new card for this box and I presume if I ring and ask for one or if one is in the post I will be charged €15 per month for the extra multiroom subscription - Is this correct?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

Yes. Unless its a Free-To-View card in which case you will get Five , Five US , FIVER, Sky 3, Setanta News and the Paranormal Channel for no monthly fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ZOLTAN28

Can you get that card for a once ff payment? Do Sky do them?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

ZOLTAN28 wrote: »
    Can you get that card for a once ff payment? Do Sky do them?
    The free-to-view (FTV) card can be obtained for a once-off payment. You'll only get a handful of extra channels (Channel 5 comes to mind) and a UK EPG (BBCs at 10x instead of Irish terrestrials). These cards are only for UK residents -- not a chance of getting one sent to an Irish address. Don't connect a digibox with a FTV card to a phone line or it'll be killed.

The multiroom subscription is €15 a month extra but gives you the same channels on each decoder.

ethernet wrote: »
    The free-to-view (FTV) card can be obtained for a once-off payment. You'll only get a handful of extra channels (Channel 5 comes to mind) and a UK EPG (BBCs at 10x instead of Irish terrestrials). These cards are only for UK residents -- not a chance of getting one sent to an Irish address. Don't connect a digibox with a FTV card to a phone line or it'll be killed.

The multiroom subscription is €15 a month extra but gives you the same channels on each decoder.

On multiroom you can watch ie. Sky One upstairs and Cartoon Network downstairs. If you get FTV for £20 upstairs you get the following
    • SKY Three
    • Five
    • Five Us
    • Five Life
    • Channel 4 +1
    • Setanta News
    • Paranormal Channel

• Registered Users Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭emaherx

barnicles wrote: »
    On multiroom you can watch ie. Sky One upstairs and Cartoon Network downstairs. If you get FTV for £20 upstairs you get the following
    • SKY Three
    • Five
    • Five Us
    • Five Life
    • Channel 4 +1
    • Setanta News
    • Paranormal Channel

Just adding this in incase OP is unaware.
    normal Uk FTA channels also available with or without card
    BBC 1/2/3/4
    ITV /1/2/3/4
    Channel 4
    More 4 & +1
    E4 & +1
    Film 4 & +1

plus many other less popular stations

• Advertisement

AFAIK channel 4 needs to be manually tuned in for the FTA.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ZOLTAN28

Cheers guys - didn't realise you could get C4 and E4 on FTA - I presume there are tuning guides somewhere on site so I'll get searching.

THink another 15 a month might be pushing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

ZOLTAN28 wrote: »
    Cheers guys - didn't realise you could get C4 and E4 on FTA - I presume there are tuning guides somewhere on site so I'll get searching.

THink another 15 a month might be pushing it.
    You'll find the info you need in this sticky (page 9 is useful). Happy viewing. :)

Advertisement