Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grant for masters question

Options
  • 16-07-2008 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi

I'm applying for a maintenance grant for college next year. They want to know where i was living on Oct 1st of last year. Thing is i was living in a friends paying no rent from Oct 07 to Jan 08 in dublin, previous to this i was paying rent. My course is in Cork but just want to know how the application will go if i just say i was living rent free somewhere, with absolutely no record of me being there?

Comments

You'll need to chat to the Council yourself about this, but did you contribute to any bills while you were there (and thus would have something sent there that's official with your name on it)? If so, you could use that.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 EmilioB

ya unfortunately not, for the 18 months previously i paid through the nose for rent and bills but it so happened that on Oct1st i actually managed to get a sweet deal in a apartment with my mate. He was getting it paid for him as part of his work contract, so i took the spare room. Ya was thinking i;d have to explain it to council myself, as obv i wasn't at home in cork cos i was working in dublin...guess that mean no maintenance grant for me...

Advertisement