Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most Favorite Winning Bets and Less Favorite Losing Bets

Options
  • 16-07-2008 1:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭

Every gambler has good and bad luck stories.. heres mine!

Most Favorite

1. An accum and my last selection was Justin Henin against Jennifer Capriati in US Open. Henin was down one nil, won second set, Capriati served for match and Henin eventually won in tie break. Henin made more unforced errors in that match than she prob did all season, played against partizan American crowd and matched finished at 5.45am GMT made collecting my £6k all the sweeter!

2. Another Accum on Champions league games in 2005 and tennis matches. All selection won and winning comfortably except Lyon who were drawing 2-2 against 10 man Fenerbache. Lyon scored 2 goals injury team. I was that relived I gave all £4k winings to my GF!

Less Favorite Losers

1. Federer to win Wimbledon 2008. Didnt laid bet off :-( as well (couldnt bare to bet RN at 2.2). An accum running since March. Portsmouth (FA), MK Dons, West Brom, Man Utd (PL), Hamilton, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dublin (Leinster Football) and Federer. Never dared to full calculate potential winning but was in excess of €20k.... Any chance of Wexford beating Dubs!?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭will1977

Was watching the world darts 1 year and saw a guy call Les Wallace who was a qualifier ( used to play in a kilt and was the first lefty to win the worlds ) play really well in the first round. Headed down my local PP but got there and couldn't remember his name. Got the guy behind the counter to show me the full price list and once I saw his name I knew it. He was 30/1. Handed my cash over to the laughter of the guy behind the counter. The rest is history but I never had such pleasure collecting the cash as it was the same guy behind the counter when I went back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 beat2416

Play offs this year, took rochdale to win on penalties at start of extra time against darlington. good price and paid off nicely.
    Actually backing man u in champions league final is up there aswell, lost my first bet after 90 mins, backed big for them to go on a win, wasnt really much of a gain at the end only a few hundred bucks but as a man utd fan it couldnt have been better.

worst was probaly having a grand on germany-1 to beat austria is euros. Gomez missing from 2 yards in first minute set it off nicely, and olly neuville missing from a 3 on 1 attack on the 93rd minute finished a very frustrating night.

Advertisement