Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair Play to Sky

Options
  • 16-07-2008 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

Thought I'd report a bit of good customer service for a change - I'm the first to complain so it's only fair.

Saw that new Sky Plus offer on the website and thought I'd have a bit of that - €49+€50 seemed reasonable.

So I rang and of course was told this was for new customers only - I would have to pay €149 + €50 becasue I was one of those horrible current custmers.

I went ballistic and rang back to cancel only for a pleasant young chap to calm me down and get me the new customer deal along with a relocation of my standard box thrown in.

Now I reckon the offer should be for all in the first place but I thought the CS was particularly good especially compared to when I cancelled NTL ('oh right' was their response when I offered my reasons for closure).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭randombar

Right how in de name of jebus did you get that, I rang em there explaining that we have multi room, we have every channel under the sun, (setanta NASN movies sports) and she said there was nothing I could do about it!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

GaryCocs wrote: »
    we have every channel under the sun, (setanta NASN movies sports) and she said there was nothing I could do about it!!!!!!

I don't think Sky would care if you have Setanta or NASN. They have nothing to do with them.

Ya I know about that but still

Regulars
    Movies
    Sports

For the last 3 years!!

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ZOLTAN28

Gary - I have the lot too and they mentioned that to me on the phone - I am shelling out around 100 per month.

I rang the second time and went through to cancel my account thats when I got the deal - the first guy I got couldn't give a Jimmy whether I left or not - I presume the second guy was cutomer retention.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭kmb

I rang two weeks ago for the father in law who has the €20 package or whatever,threatened to cancel and got sky + fitted in 3 days @ €69 all in ,including fitting.He had sky for about 3 years.

It seems threatening to cancel is the way to go,unfortunately.
    I also did this when i had reciever problems,no repair cost and also for 3 months half price on another occasion.

Play them at their own game!!

Regards,

Kieran

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ZOLTAN28

Yeah - I got hit with the 'you have to pay for an engineer to fix your faulty box' line before and after a good rant was given a repair date for the next day and a free of charge repair.

At least threatening to cancel with Sky seems to have an efect as it should do - NTL just happily removed me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭glineli

I just rang them there. threatened to cancel and way hay 49 also!!!

all credit to sky!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭voyager

Hi guys, can i ask what number you used to contact sky.
    thanks.

voyager :cool:

Press 5 to go straight to cancellations

They must know what's going on now!!!

:D

Got it too

JOB!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Giggsy75

I got this offer too, it was supposed to be installed today but the installer called in sick and claimed to have left me a message on my voicemail...... checked voicemail loads of times today no messages!!!! I must have rang sky 5-6 times....took the day off work for it n all :mad::mad::mad: I have to wait till monday now :mad::mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement