Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kingdom!!

Options
  • 16-07-2008 9:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭

Any news of the Boards Portarlington Pitch and Putt Team???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

2 of the players who shall remain nameless eloped and god engaged!!!:p:D

ah no seriously, i didn't know there was one starting, sounds like fun! just need a course now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Kingdom

Sorry folks, I've been quite preoccupied the past month or so. The Irish championships are on Sunday week in Tullamore and I'm in the middle of getting a fanzine up and running so I'm preoccupied at the moment. I am due to meet one of the local councillors though.

I've been around town walking a lot the past month and there is a long strip of land that seems vacant along the Portlaoise road parallel to the river (opposite Sandy Lane). Can anyone give any insight to whether its council land or not?

I'd hope to get leaflets into houses in a month or so to see if there's an interest in getting a pitch and putt club started.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

Kingdom wrote: »
    Sorry folks, I've been quite preoccupied the past month or so. The Irish championships are on Sunday week in Tullamore and I'm in the middle of getting a fanzine up and running so I'm preoccupied at the moment. I am due to meet one of the local councillors though.

I've been around town walking a lot the past month and there is a long strip of land that seems vacant along the Portlaoise road parallel to the river (opposite Sandy Lane). Can anyone give any insight to whether its council land or not?

I'd hope to get leaflets into houses in a month or so to see if there's an interest in getting a pitch and putt club started.

I'm a bit confused as to where that is, Sandy Lane isn't on the Portlaoise Rd. Is it down near Super Valu or up near Ballymorris?

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭port

Steve_o wrote: »
    I'm a bit confused as to where that is, Sandy Lane isn't on the Portlaoise Rd. Is it down near Super Valu or up near Ballymorris?
    Portlaois Road,opposite St Michaels Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Kingdom

Steve_o wrote: »

I always thought the Portlaoise Road started at the old fire station? And that the Sandy Lane is where the shopping centre was proposed to be built? Anyway keeping old fire station on your right hand side the land I'm referring to is about 200 yards up from the fire station on the right hand side, sandwiched by the train line and the river. I'm only interested because this land didn't get flooded when some of the other hotspots did during the recent flood.

• Advertisement
Advertisement