Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sky digital box replacement

Options
  • 15-07-2008 10:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Hello.

Two questions:
    I need to replace my sky box.. a local sky rep quoted around 300 quid for replacement box but said it would be better to cancel the current subscription and get new one later in year.
    another option would be too buy one via ebay for example.. If I went this route would I have to get the Sky rep to callout (costing 100 euro) to sync new box with current card ??

2nd enquiry..
    Do you need a phone line when installing Sky, heard there is a 120ish euro charge if no line in present. Living in the country so no point in gettin in a fone line as broadband not avail and more people know yer mobile number these days..

Any advice/help on above issues welcomed.. cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Have you considered upgrading your account to sky plus ?? at the moment an exsisting customer can upgrade for €149 for sky plus box...and €50 for installation. However if you haven't got a phone line it will cost you a further €32.50 for a manual activation..

If you are buying a second hand box keep away from grundig boxes, they are well outdated and extremely slow in operation.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭jhegarty

You will get one for ~€30 on ebay... no need to reactive unless you have movies/sport, even then its just a call to sky....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭norbert64

there are a few boxes still knocking around over on adverts.

all you need to do is ring sky when you have the new/old box and tell them to pair your card with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭-=al=-

its a lot better and cheaper to upgrade to sky+ than to bother gettin a repair or replacement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 milanac

Thanks for the advice folks

Looks like I'll just get a replacement box on the net.. probably a panasonic
    T'is for my parents and they aint lookin for anything fancy so no need to upgrade to SKY + for 200 notes. syl

• Advertisement
Advertisement