Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USS Liberty

Options
  • 15-07-2008 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭

Hi, I recently watched the BBC documentry again "Dead in the water" on google video (saw it years ago) and I was taking to a few of my Israelie collegues, and none of them ever heard of about (the incident that is).

As most CT's are about the American government, Aliens or Secret global societies etc (i.e. people already have a beef or interest before they look at any facts). Could there actually be much weight in the theory it happened to get America into the war/they heard something they shouldn't or it was actually friendly fire. I know the Anti-Zionist morons love this as a great way to bash Israel ("look what they're capable of") but I was wondering what the general opinion was.

(I saw there was already a thread posted in 2005 but there were was little debate in it so I started a new one)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

FrostyJack wrote: »
    Hi, I recently watched the BBC documentry again "Dead in the water" on google video (saw it years ago) and I was taking to a few of my Israelie collegues, and none of them ever heard of about (the incident that is).

As most CT's are about the American government, Aliens or Secret global societies etc (i.e. people already have a beef or interest before they look at any facts). Could there actually be much weight in the theory it happened to get America into the war/they heard something they shouldn't or it was actually friendly fire. I know the Anti-Zionist morons love this as a great way to bash Israel ("look what they're capable of") but I was wondering what the general opinion was.

(I saw there was already a thread posted in 2005 but there were was little debate in it so I started a new one)

It's a good documentary, I watched it a while back. I think it was undoubtedly an attempted false flag operation. There's no way the Israelis could have mistaken the ship and it's colours as anything other than US. Also, the pilot informed his superiors of this fact and was ordered to carry out the attack anyway. I wouldn't even put this into the basket of conspiracy 'theory'. I'd put it in the basket of actual conspiracy swept under the carpet. The captain of the US ship did well from it, in return for his silence iirc. ;)

Advertisement