Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creating website

Options
  • 15-07-2008 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

I want to build a website for my businss, its only going to be very simple, I have 10 pages in a brochure that i created in Adobe Acrobat professional and i have just saved each page individually as a HTML page,

What i want to do is create 2 catagories and under each catagory i will have 5 pages in each... eg..

Toys
    page 1
    page 2
    page 3
    page 4
    page 5
    games
    page6
    page7
    page8
    page9
    page10

Ok so this would be the layout, i also want to have a contact page and on the main home page just have general text and some pics etc etc..

What would be the best software to create something like this or how would i do it?

Ta,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

beebaw wrote: »
    I want to build a website for my businss, its only going to be very simple, I have 10 pages in a brochure that i created in Adobe Acrobat professional and i have just saved each page individually as a HTML page,

What i want to do is create 2 catagories and under each catagory i will have 5 pages in each... eg..

Toys
    page 1
    page 2
    page 3
    page 4
    page 5
    games
    page6
    page7
    page8
    page9
    page10

Ok so this would be the layout, i also want to have a contact page and on the main home page just have general text and some pics etc etc..

What would be the best software to create something like this or how would i do it?

Ta,

dreamweaver/frontpage/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

I'd probably recommend something like CMS Made Simple .. (content management system) but given the nature of your questions it might be a bit advanced to install.

Given you're just starting as well maybe the free Kompozer would be a better option - http://www.kompozer.net/ dreamweaver has a pretty hefty price tag for just the one site. (Personally not too keen on it either)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭unnameduser

Frontpage might be right up your street if you have no previous experience

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

If this is for a business, they you should probably pay someone to do it for you. It's not worth the risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 T-max

Adobe (Formerly Macromedia) Contribute would be the best tool and less than 100e. It offers an editing window like a word environment and easy to make changes with ability to drag and drop content. However, I think you would need someone to set-up a template page for you to start out with with menu.

• Advertisement
Advertisement