Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argh!!

Options
  • 15-07-2008 10:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭

This is more a whine and a give out than anything else.
    No real major issue as such.

Working as an intern for a big company. All going well, getting to know the others interns but well I am not like them one bit. They are all (generalisation) eager to work in this place and basically sending stupid emails to each other about whether the internship will count towards less time in their contract... which is mad for many reasons;

1) They aren't even finished here yet
    2) They may not be offered a job here after
    3) what the hell does 6 months less in a contract matter if you're signed in for 4?
    4) etc. etc.

I replied to all and kindly requested to be kept out of the emails they send to each other and wished them a good day. However, this has not happened yet. 20 minutes later and about 15 emails later I'm getting reather p!ssed off... if they're so eager to work here then why does less time in a contract sound appealing? plebs.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Because the sooner you finish your training contract, the sooner you can go to Australia for a year, blow all of the money you made in the previous 3, and then return to Ireland penniless and starting at the bottom again, silly :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Haha funny you mention that, one guy said the exact same thing, except without the end bit of returning to ireland and starting back at square one.
    Decided to ditch them at lunch because could not be bothered listening to them go on about hear say and rumours. If they'd any sense they'd ask a senior person and see.

I mean, it just boggles my mind... why go to all the trouble and grief of getting an internship then start speculating about a full time job and wanting to leave early? There's no logic in it. None!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Ah they're probably just excited. I'm sure they don't mean anything bad at all.

Just ignore their e-mails.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Probably (I'm just a bit grouchy today it seems) excited yes, I can pick a few out who will do very well here.

Ignore or disable their emails, hmm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Wilburt wrote: »
    Ignore or disable their emails, hmm.

I have an image of you uninstalling Outlook on their PC's.

Go for it!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement