Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meditation Classes

Options
  • 14-07-2008 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭

Hi,

I've signed up to do free meditation classes in Sri Chinmoy on Wicklow St which are starting tomorrow night. Unfortunately I've deleted the text that they sent me confirming the details and I was wondering if anybody out there knew the start time (think it's 7.45) and address?

I have contacted them to confirm the details and am awaiting a reply from them however just thought I'd ask here in case they don't get back to me.

Thanks a mill in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 bosscat

Hi Suzyq , did you do the classes at the centre?
    They are starting again soon and I was wondering what they are like, also where they are held , there are no details on the website as to the location!
    thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 hazel_eyes_2008

Hi,

do not want to sound too negative but I went to a few of their lectures about 8 years ago and they seemed to be a bit of a cult to me so be careful! They have you meditating to the picture of Mr Sri Chinmoy himself - which I found a bit weird. Maybe it is the done thing in the east but sounded suspicious to me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Razzie

Shri Chinmoy centre I think it is a cult. I was thinking about continuing the meditation classes for a further 2 months. As I enjoyed
    They requested you to fill a application to become a student of the centre. I put down that I am living with my boyfriend.
    After I filled the application, I gave it to one of the people involved in the centre. They then spoke to me and told me I either had to be single or married to become a member, as you can't achieve enlightenment if you are still seeking a companion, i.e dating people:confused:. I was so freaked out.
    I didn't think it was anything to do with them about my relationship status and It does have little to do with learning how to meditate.
    So I didn't come back since.

Advertisement