Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky HD mix question

Options
  • 14-07-2008 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭

Considering subscribing to sky + Hd with the variety and culture mixes and obviously the obligatory HD mix but not movies or sports (too expensive)but they list 6 movie/sport channels in the mix attached below. Are these correct as it would be nice to get them included?

Thanks

#######

SUBSCRIPTIONS (Monthly cost)
    Monthly Sky TV subscription:

Entertainment Mixes
    Variety Mix
    Style & Culture Mix

Sky+ HD Channels

Sky Sports HD1
    Sky Sports HD2
    Sky Sports HD3
    Sky Movies Premiere HD
    Sky Movies Screen 1 HD
    Sky Movies Screen 2 HD
    Sky One HD
    Sky Arts HD
    Sky Box Office HD1
    Sky Box Office HD2
    Discovery HD
    National Geographic HD
    The History Channel HD
    FX HD
    Rush HD
    Luxe HD

€22.00 per month

MONTHLY CHANNEL SUBSCRIPTION: €22.00
    MONTHLY SKY+ HD MIX: €15.00
    MONTHLY SKY+ SUBSCRIPTION: FREE

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

No....you only get the movies and sport channels in the HD mix if you subscribe to those channels/mixes normally.

The only hd channels you will get for your €15 a month with your chosen mixes above are:

Sky One HD (simpsons repeat channel)
    Sky Arts HD
    Discovery HD
    National Geographic HD
    The History Channel HD
    FX HD
    Rush HD
    Luxe HD

Waste of money really IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

In fact seeing as you are not taking the knowledge mix I just realised you are left with :

Sky Arts HD
    FX HD
    Rush HD
    Luxe HD

Have fun with that. You are basically paying €15 a month to watch repeats of the simpsons (which aren't in hd anyway).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭dizzydiesel

Ludo wrote: »
    In fact seeing as you are not taking the knowledge mix I just realised you are left with :

Sky Arts HD
    FX HD
    Rush HD
    Luxe HD

Have fun with that. You are basically paying €15 a month to watch repeats of the simpsons nine months a year and one or two american shows (Lost).

Also note the sky are increasing the prices in August. Full package (usually €68 p/m) is going to cost 72 or 73......can't remember exact figure.

HD is only worth it if you are subscribing to all sports and movie channels.
    Forgot to mention that the extra €15 per month for the HD service is not included in the €70 quoted above.

€85 total? A bit pricey!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

thanks, i think i'll just stick with the sky+ package then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 742 ✭✭✭channelsurfer

I too was considering getting sky hd. but when I thought about it it would mean I would be paying 25 euro a month plus 15 eurofor 3 mixes and basically discovery hd and national geo hd. ( I dont count sky1hd as its rubbish). not worth it... even for the discount hd box. its expensive enough at 57euro a month for 4 mixes plus sky sports from september without 15 euro extra for hd.
    I will stay with my ftv card and rte for champioins league and the pub for the odd man utd match.

• Advertisement
Advertisement