Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extend Sub RCA cable

Options
  • 14-07-2008 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I need to extend an RCA cable for a sub woofer. The cable run will be about 16ft, whats he quickest way to extend an RCA cable? Can i use standard speaker cable and some type of adapter?

X.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭Homer

xabi wrote: »
    Hi folks,

I need to extend an RCA cable for a sub woofer. The cable run will be about 16ft, whats he quickest way to extend an RCA cable? Can i use standard speaker cable and some type of adapter?

X.

No, it needs to be "screened cable" so regular speaker cable would be no good.
    The cable you are trying to extend, does it have a phono style connection on the end like this?
    Neutrik__NYS373-2__0.jpg

If so, then you can buy some pre terminated screened cable with phono sonnectors on the end already and join them using a phono back-to-back like this...
    31E08PP66QL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Hope that helps.

Industria.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭xabi

Yes, It has phono on both ends, would peets have the screened cable?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭Homer

Yes they would, however I would suggest you buy a pre terminated lenght of maybe 5M and just use the back to back to extend it. The other option is to buy a "cut" length of the cable and solder on the connectors yourself.

Industria.

Advertisement