Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enniskerry - a nice place to live?

Options
  • 14-07-2008 11:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Ok - I kinda know that Enniskerry is nice enough but is it worth paying the extra to live there? Why are the prices so high? What makes it so special?

And also is there any where else close by that has the same amenities but costs less to buy in?

Cheers for your help

:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

elsimate wrote: »
    Ok - I kinda know that Enniskerry is nice enough but is it worth paying the extra to live there? Why are the prices so high? What makes it so special?

And also is there any where else close by that has the same amenities but costs less to buy in?

Cheers for your help

:)

Enniskerry is beautiful, its like the countryside with a 5 minute drive to dublin. the waterfall in powerscourt is right near by and they have a very picturesque village.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,092 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

cance wrote: »
    Enniskerry is beautiful, its like the countryside with a 5 minute drive to dublin. the waterfall in powerscourt is right near by and they have a very picturesque village.

5 minutes to Dublin, what do you drive because I want one of them ?
    Enniskerry has become a little pretentious and it is seen as a good address what with the likes of Crhisty de Berk, Johnny Ronan, Craig Doyle etc living locally.
    The village is nice enough but for real shopping you are probably going to have to go to Bray, Cabineteely or Sandyford.

The prices though have become a bit ridiculous with the average house prices in Eagle valley being nearly 2 million.
    http://www.myhome.ie/residential/search/results.asp?p=2
    Hell someone is even trying to flog land up in Glencree for €44,000 an acre and there is shag all chance of getting planning permission up there.
    I know of two homes for sale @ €1.6 million.
    Ok they are out in country on own site but they are still overpriced.

Then again if you want the chance to bump into some of the more famous locals in the local shop then you may think the prices are worth it.

PS the roads around the area are sh*** (full of blind narrow bends) and definetly not safe for kiddies out on their own.
    Also too many soccer moms driving their 4x4s out in middle of road.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭dats_right

jmayo wrote: »
    5 minutes to Dublin, what do you drive because I want one of them ?

+1

Advertisement