Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help! (free or cheap) holiday home tv required...

Options
  • 13-07-2008 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭

Hi Lads,

I hope someone can help me out! I missed Galway's win in the football today because I cant watch TV3 when I'm in holiday home - I need to sort it out!!

I have a 'normal' analogue tv aerial at the moment which gives me RTE1 and NET2, and also a FTA satellite dish (Lidl's finest) that I still have to set up but from my understanding it won't solve my problems anyway... I think it just lets me watch BBC and the like, is that correct?

In my main house I currently have sky digital but am swapping to NTL in the next few weeks, would my sky dish and box be any good in my holiday home? - I will be canceling the sky subscription when NTL finally get their asses in gear and sort me out, so i dont know if the dish would be any good with an 'expired' card?

I've heard about an NTL smart card - does anyone know what it is? or how easy/good/cheap is its service?

I think that's about it, but as I'm sure you can see I'm very much a novice in this regard and would appreciate any hints/tips that ye can give me...

thanks all,

yak.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭icjzfmq7ewon1t

yak wrote: »
    Hi Lads,

I hope someone can help me out! I missed Galway's win in the football today because I cant watch TV3 when I'm in holiday home - I need to sort it out!!

I have a 'normal' analogue tv aerial at the moment which gives me RTE1 and NET2, and also a FTA satellite dish (Lidl's finest) that I still have to set up but from my understanding it won't solve my problems anyway... I think it just lets me watch BBC and the like, is that correct?

In my main house I currently have sky digital but am swapping to NTL in the next few weeks, would my sky dish and box be any good in my holiday home? - I will be canceling the sky subscription when NTL finally get their asses in gear and sort me out, so i dont know if the dish would be any good with an 'expired' card?

I've heard about an NTL smart card - does anyone know what it is? or how easy/good/cheap is its service?

I think that's about it, but as I'm sure you can see I'm very much a novice in this regard and would appreciate any hints/tips that ye can give me...

thanks all,

yak.

You wont be able to watch TV 3 on a sky box without a subscription I'm afraid. I have the same problem myself as TV 3 isn't on my local transponder either.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭patoinsf

There is a place on the Tuam road across from the abc bookstore that sells analogue signal amplifiers they come in two parts one goes on the Ariel and the other plugs in to the wall socket beside the TV I have a holiday place in Connemara and I just point toward Clare island the amp allows me to watch bbc 1 +2, utv, tv3, and tg4, If you can set up a sat dish setting this up should be a piece of cake for you

In life there are no mistakes only lessons

Advertisement