Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

what are you drawn to

• 13-07-2008 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭

Today I was discussing with a friend the various guises & attractions of the various forms of reading or divination, e.g. tarot cards,angel cards,rune stones etc

This got me to thinking...what are the methods employed by people here?

For me the first introduction was the Rider Waite Tarot deck. I've since seen a few other decks which are lovely, (Ais, I'm thinking of your cards;)) but I always go back to the RW.

In very recent times I've been drawn to angel cards, I've used then in some readings as a bit of an afterthought to be honest but they have been pushing themselves into my direct sight if you know what I mean... with really positive results

Anyone had any similar experiences

Ladybird

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭LCDeelite

Tarot cards and such have never made any sense to me. I am unable to grasp overly nebulous abstractions. Not to put it down completely, but that has been my own personal experience.

I do use another method of divination that has yielded excellent, reliable results for me. I find it much more logical and helpfully based on tangible data. Just seems to work very well for me.. I won't get into it here (too many less-than-courteous skeptics wandering about), but if you would like to know more, PM me.. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭karynp

LCDeelite wrote: »
    Tarot cards and such have never made any sense to me. I am unable to grasp overly nebulous abstractions. Not to put it down completely, but that has been my own personal experience.

I do use another method of divination that has yielded excellent, reliable results for me. I find it much more logical and helpfully based on tangible data. Just seems to work very well for me.. I won't get into it here (too many less-than-courteous skeptics wandering about), but if you would like to know more, PM me.. :)

LCdeelite
    not being rude,but the idea of the forum is that we publicaly post our views and if the skeptics want to voice their opinions then let them,nothing gets too outve hand and afterall,there has to be opposite views to everything,its interesting for others to read your other methods of divination. Its important NOT to take offence by the opinions of others,it is their opinion and like it or not is does keep us on our toes. i myself am a working psychic and i am also a skeptic,its how i find my truths.most of the time the topics discussed go well,the odd occasion it gets outv hand and the mods step in,no harm done. i think posting pms to people is not really the way to go. After all,we live in the noughties and it is widely accepted what we do,not like years ago. Basically,have faith in what you do,im sure whatever your methods,similar are used by many others and its not a big secret.no need to go behind closed doors.
    anyway,as i said already,im not being rude just helpful.
    look forward to hearing more from you.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭karynp

Hi LB
    i think ive tried and tested every available method over the years!!:)
    I have stuck with tarot cards for the longest and they are only a tool for me.I have:) found my own meanings for them as i think its better. Basically i use them as a starter point and let my intuition do the rest.
    I think the most unreliable one ive used was a pendulum,found i dictated the results with my own energy and it was totally unreliable. god for gaining confidence in your own energy if your just beginning this path.
    I liked angel cards for some time,then they left me. I loved the unicorn cards,at the end of a reading they always seemed to be uncanny in what came out.
    I enjoy blind mediumship in a room full of people as it really tests your ability to pick up messages.your blindfolded and give your information,nobody can speak in the room but they do put up there hands if it relevant to them,quite interesting as you are so unaware of what your doing and it builds great confidence and trust in the spirit world.
    Reading crystals was very interesting too,images formed on the stones and information was easily read.it does take patience but it works.
    what i do know is,no matter what you use,its just a blank canvas,same as closing your eyes and relaxing while the info comes its way.
    I believe all the methods we use eventually leave and new found belief and confidence comes from within us to take a deeper step into the spirit world and ourselves. some of it may be wishy washy stuff but if it works for you and brings us a step closer to where we need to be spiritually then great!
    ive been doing some psychic art lately too,its new to me,but its amazing how images form on the page and information along with it.again,its another method and perhaps one of the more concrete methods to use,as its great for someone to actually recieve a painting of a deceased relative or friend,its good hard evidence and something i plan to pusue a lot deeper,but i do find the spirit world are taking there time with this one for me,each step bringing deeper understanding for me,as did every other method ive used in the past,i think without ever having tried and used them,i wouldnt quite be able to grasp the method i am now learning.
    anyway,theres my thoughts for today,LOL.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭OrangeDaisy

All I've ever tried are the RW tarot cards and I don't have any inclination to try anything else they always seem to work for me but I think it's mostly intuition and interpretation.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Great idea for a thread LB. I was actually going to start a very similar one myself. I've been considering trying out some form of reading/divination, mainly just out of curiosity, and I'm a bit stumped as to what to try. I don't feel particularly drawn to anything in particular.

As for your own post, in my very-finite wisdom I would suggest following your instincts and going with whatever you feel most drawn to. Personally I see the different methods of reading/divination as only being tools or instruments, and naturally you will get the best results from using the tools and instruments that you are most comfortable with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I actually love the pendulum Karynp, but, as you mention, I'm only really experimenting and learning so it's great to see and "play" with energy.

I have a deck of animal cards, which I love. Great for insights into people and their motives, what drives them etc. Not so much for "fortune telling" but great for explaining situations.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭ladybirdirl

Thanks Karynp,

We actually tried the pendulum when we did a spiritual group before..Stevenmu you'll remember.

Anyhow, I got some great results with the pendulum which I was really surprised at. I had totally forgotten about that, I think I'll go look it up;)

The psychic drawing also sounds amazing!

LB

Advertisement