Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Bus route 78a - not servicing half of route due to attacks!

Options
  • 13-07-2008 2:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

and people wonder why these areas get so much grief???:rolleyes:
    the route of the 78a has been altered meaning that the huge mass that is neilstown is not being serviced by public transport!

why???

oh, because some absolute skumbags keep throwing rocks at the buses (ah yeah, sure why not?!)

does anybody have any further information on this? (like when the service will resume?)
    personally, i'm not affected but i do have a problem with the concept. there's a nursing home along this route and now those people are without public transport. i'm shocked at the mentality of these people! some crimes can be justified (robbing a loaf of bread for a starving family or whatever) but what is the purpose of this?? i cannot stand these lunatics! also, the people in the area just seem to accept that they have been abandoned! i was told "ah the buses don't go through here anymore cause lads kept stoning them"...where else would you get it!!!?

sorry for the rant!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭bazzer

boomhower wrote: »
    what is the purpose of this??

The purpose is that the brain-dead scum of the area are probably bored, bless them. The kids copy off their deadbeat 'parents', so they don't know any better. It doesn't take too much effort too hit a big, slow-moving yellow thing with lots of windows available to smash (that's what windows are for, you know?). Yes, have to save some energy for the trek to the local off-licence later for me sixty ca-a-a-a-n-n-n-n-s, b-u-u-u-d.

Pure scum. :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

http://www.dublinbus.ie/your_journey/returned.asp?submitted=yes&search_type=text&mnuTownPlace=Neilstown

"Neilstown" is serviced by the following routes :
    51n
    76a
    76b
    78a
    79x

looks a lot better than the bus service around here !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭markf909

Check out the FF election manifesto from 2007.

We are promised a dedicated transport police don't you know to cut down on these kind of scum activities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 boomhower

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    http://www.dublinbus.ie/your_journey/returned.asp?submitted=yes&search_type=text&mnuTownPlace=Neilstown

51n
    76a
    76b
    78a
    79x

sorry, i don't know why i focused on the 78a...(because it's actually all the buses that pass through the area that have been re-routed)

bazzer wrote: »
    The purpose is that the brain-dead scum of the area are probably bored, bless them. The kids copy off their deadbeat 'parents', so they don't know any better. It doesn't take too much effort too hit a big, slow-moving yellow thing with lots of windows available to smash (that's what windows are for, you know?). Yes, have to save some energy for the trek to the local off-licence later for me sixty ca-a-a-a-n-n-n-n-s, b-u-u-u-d.

Pure scum. :mad:

see i laughed when i read that, but it's scary because that is the reality!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

sorry, i don't know why i focused on the 78a...(because it's actually all the buses that pass through the area that have been re-routed)

Mary Harney and Brian Lenihan are local TDs, what did they do about it ??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

Sponge Bob wrote: »

51n
    76a
    76b
    78a
    79x

If you look at some of the frequencies, of the above you'll see that effectively the 78A is the only route serving the city centre and the 76/A/B is the only other route of any significance.

The 51/78/79X/210 are all very limited routes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Happens in Ballymun with the 13/13a all the time... luckily I'm not affected, but the people that are just put up with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Zoney

I suppose it is too much to ask that the country actually be properly policed rather than just leaving trouble alone or letting it get worse?

Transport police? How about just having more Gardaí, and more importantly, enough resources and proper systems so the work at the station doesn't keep them occupied?

We could also try actual planning of urban areas so kids don't grow up in a boring concrete despair-inducing environment. It would probably do their education some good not to cram them 30+ at a time into pre-fab classrooms too. Sure this would not solve all the problems and you have people who just won't learn, but how on earth is it going to help matters to have such a pathetic social and educational environment as we have in this country?

There isn't any excuse. Even in a supposed recession we are one of the better off countries in the world. Any lack of resources is because people choose not to have their money spent on these things (indirectly by who they vote for).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

The Evening Herald of Sat 12th July 2008 (page 13)might just have the answer at least in part as to why large tracts of Clondalkin will be without a PUBLIC bus service.

Under the heading "Teen may not be tried for alleged bus attack" reporter Tom Tuite outlined a case being heard in the Childrens Court relating to an attack on a Dublin Bus vehicle and its passengers on Feburary 3rd 2007 at Green Road Blanchardstown.

The 17 years old defendant allegedly threw a rock through the window of a Bus hitting a female passenger who was seriously injured and hospitalized for a week.

Luckily enough defence council Mary O Rourke was able to refer to psychological reports on the young man which pointed to an "issue as to fitness to be tried".
    Further psych reports are now being sought.

Judge Clare Leonard then directed that these reports be furnished to the DPP for consideration,remarking upon how as there were several other cases pending against this particular young man his apparent lack of comprehension was not preventing him from coming to the attention of the Gardai and being charged with serious offences.

After telling this young mans mother to "mind him as much as you can" she then granted continuing bail until October.

It is worth noting that the Mother had been committed to the Courts cells for contempt over comments she made earlier during the case.

This sad little report cuts to the core of it all really and offers little succor to those who live their lives as peacefully as possible in the expectation that the State will look out for them and preserve their right to a peaceful existance.....It WILL NOT.

The State will however,afford the accused person access to all means of psychological and psychiatric assessments all with the aim of mitigating any possible sentence for what amounts to Attempted Murder.

Extra Garda resources will do little to address the problem if the vicious thugs arrested during an evenings shift are waltzing straight back out before dawn.

The current liberal driven agenda of poverty being responsible for all manner of abberant activity is not helping matters,largely due to the complete absence of any POVERTY in our society.

One can argue the case for relativity in this discussion but the reality is POVERTY in real terms has been eliminated from our society.

However it could also be argued that this lack of poverty has of itself led to a large underclass who deprived of any real focus (even if that be simply to EAT) then turn to destructive aggression in order to get their motivational kicks.

Respect for anything,self,other people or things is a different matter and not something which weighs heavily on the shoulders of this underclass who KNOW what their RIGHTS and ENTITLEMENTS are.

So,as Judge Leonard extends the bail of yet another potential General,we the general public who both pay the judges salary and in turn rely on those judges for protection are left to ponder the wisdom of travelling on Public Transport lest we drive past this young Man some evening soon...... :)

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Here's a radical suggestion: Build no more local authority housing estates and eventually demolish the ones we have. Instead, when people are unable to cover the cost of their accomodation-pay the rent for them in private dwellings. In my anecdotal experience, anywhere with large scale local authority housing invariably experiences anti-social behaviour to a greater extent that private estates. This is not limited to Ireland-we see the same anti-social 'unrest' (that's putting it nicely) in the UK, France, Italy and the US. Probably other places too. In Germany most people rent and if you lose your job the state will pay your rent so you won't have to move out and you retain your dignity or whatever you want to call it. I firmly believe that in 1 generation the act of 'working class children' living and attending school with 'middle class children' will show those kids that there is more to life than their parents experienced and they will want as much out of life as their neighbours/classmates. I believe the ghetto nature of many (but not all) local authority housing schemes makes it practically impossible for kids to escape the dregs. I know that there are a number of more mature local authority estates whereby the residents are pretty much all decent and houseproud folks like any private estate but there are more estates that are in bits, despite the facilities being put in. I live in D15 and pass through Fortlawn regularly and it looks well cared for in general but I have cause to visit Cherry Orchard often enough too and the newer estates are filthy and neglected by the residents-waste strewn streets and empty playgrounds! It's not enough to say that there's no facilities ergo anti-social behaviour ensues; there's more to it than that and I believe the ghettos must go!

(yes, it may cost more initially but consider that something like 80% of crime is drug related and the long term savings to improving people's lot and expectations are obvious). If parents can't look after their offspring then the kids should be taken off them and fostered to decent people who will instill good values in the children. Harsh? Maybe, but the children deserve better than deadbeat parents who show them no lead or example.

/rant!:pac:

the buses are going again. they've got two guards on every bus. they travel through neilstown, get off, then cross the street to catch the bus in the opposite direction. it's a shame it's come to this but at least they're back in operation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭lynchie

the buses are going again. they've got two guards on every bus. they travel through neilstown, get off, then cross the street to catch the bus in the opposite direction. it's a shame it's come to this but at least they're back in operation.

lol u serious? You seen it? This only happen in the evenings or all day? Must keep and eye out for a bus when im driving through later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭veryangryman

If the cops gave a sh1t about catching these scumabgs, theyd go undercover on these buses so as to catch them in the act.

But then theyd be doing their job. All theyre interested in is the overtime.... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Buffman

If the cops gave a sh1t about catching these scumabgs, theyd go undercover on these buses so as to catch them in the act.

Not much point in catchin them when some judge is gonna let them striaght out again with no punishment at all...! :confused:

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

But then theyd be doing their job. All theyre interested in is the overtime.... :rolleyes:

i think that's an unfair criticism..

and yeah, i have seen them changing buses...it's fact..

Advertisement