Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working hoover for car?

Options
  • 13-07-2008 2:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭

I'm in need of a bit of hoovering in the car and went to a few garages but they all said the car hoovers were out of order. I went to Statoil in Newcastle, Shell in the westside and Silver Strand service station.
    As I prefer to do it myself, can anyone direct me to a car hoover that works (a good one)? Might as well wash the car while I'm at it.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

use a normal hoover in your car? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

maxol in Westside usually has everything working right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Just go to the car wash in Woodquay.

Wash and vacuum for 20 yoyos, they do a good job and you can feck off up town while they do it and come back when you're good and ready.

i reckon thats a much better plan than doing such a tedious awkward job yourself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

i reckon thats a much better plan than doing such a tedious awkward job yourself!

You lazy fecker :D.Its only a 10-15 minute job.Tediuos,awkward?Its not exactly rocket science:P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭minxie

padi89 wrote: »
    You lazy fecker :D.Its only a 10-15 minute job.Tediuos,awkward?Its not exactly rocket science:P
    maybe he doesnt have a hoover.:(

• Advertisement

It is tedious!! and takes way longer than 10-15 minutes if you want to do a proper job.

I'm in the car all day anyways so methinks mine is mankier than most and its big tank of a yoke which doesn't help either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

It is tedious!! and takes way longer than 10-15 minutes if you want to do a proper job.

Not true, a few years back i worked in car rentals for a year so i was prepping cars all day.A rub of the hoover will take 5 mins and to wash the car will take a little longer and this is doing a good job.Face it your lazy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭minxie

Not true, a few years back i worked in car rentals for a year so i was prepping cars all day.A rub of the hoover will take 5 mins and to wash the car will take a little longer and this is doing a good job.Face it your lazy :D
    me thinks so as well, ha ha. :D:D:D

Trust me my car gets a lot messier than a rental; and also it takes ages to empty it and put the stuff back in again.

AND im not paying for it, im expensing, so that probably explains why im not arsed doing it meself either!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭turf

20 quid for a wash and hoover? thats a bit rough isnt it...

• Advertisement

not really, very good wash and very good hoover. and what i usually do is drop it in on a Saturday and leave it there for the hour or two i'm in town; therefore i gets the free parking also....

jammy:cool:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Biko, did you try the garage beside Nile Lodge (think its Shell?). I used to use the hoover there anyway, not sure if its still operational but worth a try...

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

This is the one I use for washes when I'm too lazy to do it myself. One of the best in the city imo. However for vacuum and a proper cleaning job I prefer to do things myself.
    I don't want to use my own as the car is really dirty inside and need something stronger than my home hoover.

Fey and Zzippy, thanks I' try those.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Dam I saw this thread and thought it said working Hover Car in Galway lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Zzippy wrote: »
    Biko, did you try the garage beside Nile Lodge (think its Shell?). I used to use the hoover there anyway, not sure if its still operational but worth a try...

Its a Maxol and its in perfect working order :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

I'm getting the image of a really dirty car or a tiny home hoover.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,717 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Wash and vacuum for 20 yoyos

Ouch! That's some hourly rate they're making ... this has to be one of the worst cases of ROI I've seen.

Advertisement