Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Long Haired Syrian Hamster

Options
  • 13-07-2008 12:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

I'm looking to buy a Long Haired Syrian Hamster in the Dublin area, any suggestions of where to buy???

I'm always a bit wary about some garden centres and pet shops.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Don't think they are long haired but there are a number of short haired Syrian hamsters that will be looking for homes shortly.

They were dumped outside a vets in Limerick in an awful state the few that could be saved will be looking for homes once they are sure none are preg.

Not speaking for any particular rescue but in general if there's a good home on offer many rescues will try their best to organise transport (pending a home check it's just to make sure you have and can give all the stuff the animal needs).

If interested here's links to the rescues that have them they might no be on the site yet as they were only rescued recently.

http://www.cottagerescue.ie/
    http://www.limerickanimalwelfare.com/law/index.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭carwash_2006

I think one of them may have been long haired.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Yes, there is one long-haired Syrian, a male. He has a very vibrant coat colour! He should be available for homing shortly - the lady who is looking after him now probably wants to keep him for a time just to make fully sure he's completely well and healthy.

2656616971_6d429367a5.jpg

Please do consider giving a "rescue" hamster a home, these rescued ones really deserve a second chance. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭bubblewrap

Did you get one in the end?

I got one yesterday!

Advertisement