Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greenpeace ad for SUVs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

Brilliant. Love it.
    Someone said to me recently the good thing about meeting someone who arrives in a SUV is that you already know you're dealing with a jeerk.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 73,384 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

a VX TD will do around 28mpg. that's not too bad by American standards. can't see why they don't target drivers of sports cars as well?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

thats a 100 series cruiser, they're great cars.

That video is a good indication of the Kind of <SNIP> that support greenpeace and their holier than thou attitude.

sh!t like that sickens me

• Registered Users Posts: 73,384 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

2CV driving hyprocites!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭dodgyme

great ad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

did anyone see the piece on top gear about the manufacturing processes involved in building an 'environmentally friendly' hybrid toyota prius?

don't take it as gospel, but they maintained that due to various procedures involved in the manufacturing of the batteries etc. and shipping various components all over the world during the course of building it all that over the life of the car it did more damage to the environment than a land rover discovery.

doesn't bother me anyway, I'm running my pajero on biodiesel made from recycled used vegetable oil and according to my supplier that means my engine produces around 70% less co2 than it would running on regular diesel.

based on that estimate and the official co2 figures for my bus that puts my motoring co2 footprint slightly UNDER that of a prius anyway (marginally) and I'm working on ways of improving that even more with a few different mods so my conscience is clear. :)

vibe666 wrote: »
    did anyone see the piece on top gear about the manufacturing processes involved in building an 'environmentally friendly' hybrid toyota prius?

don't take it as gospel, but they maintained that due to various procedures involved in the manufacturing of the batteries etc. and shipping various components all over the world during the course of building it all that over the life of the car it did more damage to the environment than a land rover discovery.

doesn't bother me anyway, I'm running my pajero on biodiesel made from recycled used vegetable oil and according to my supplier that means my engine produces around 70% less co2 than it would running on regular diesel.

based on that estimate and the official co2 figures for my bus that puts my motoring co2 footprint slightly UNDER that of a prius anyway (marginally) and I'm working on ways of improving that even more with a few different mods so my conscience is clear. :)
    Hi,
    I have been trying to get info. on running a Toyota Hilux on bio diesel. My main query is, is it legal? Do revenue want there tax cut from using a fuel. Or can you just convert and drive away.??

whatever fuel you use, regardless of where you get it or how, the minute you start to use it as fuel they want their cut.

the good news is it's easy to stay legal and still cheap enough compared with the forecourt prices.

if you buy it commercially (google for suppliers in your area) then they will have paid that anyway, so it's no different than buying from a garage, but you might want a receipt when you fill up in case you get dipped.

if you're making your own then all you need to do is keep a record of how much fuel you produce and use and carry that with you in the car should you ever be stopped. there may also be a requirement to register as a small scale fuel producer, even though you're not selling it you'll still be making it. i don't think it's too hard though. hopefully i'll be finding out soon anyway so I'll let you know how it goes. :)

Thanks vibe, that's useful info.
    Hopefully, they'll wise up and make it easier for people to use bio fuel as I believe it pollutes less and can be manufactured locally.

it's 37c per litre to customs & excise btw on any fuel used in a vehicle on irish roads.

• Advertisement

I'll google for suppliers in Limerick and give it a try.
    Thanks again.

Found this while googling;
    http://www.biodieselireland.ie/advantages.htm

Advertisement