Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Footwear - Opinions/Recommendations?

Options
  • 12-07-2008 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭

Some expert advice needed.

Heading off travelling in few months and trying to decide on best footwear option. I know a good set of boots are probably best but in reality I will only need these for very small sections of total trip where we are really off beaten track (Siberia/Nepal/NZ), the rest of the time I'll have to lug them around in my pack (using 45-60L pack so not much free space either).

As most of the trip will be spent in cities and warmer climates (SE Asia/Australia for example) I was thinking of something like these
    http://www.rei.com/product/763575 that could work for hiking but are also light enough to wear in cities etc.

Has anyone any experience of these or this type of option? Or can you recommend something similar? I tried them on in town today and they feel pretty comfortable etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭dogmatix

They look okay for the rest of the trip but they don't look like the sort of shoes that would be suitable for rugged terrain in siberia/Nepal etc.

A good set of waterproof mountain boots should be suitable for multi usage for your whole trip. Or maybe comprimise and settle on a pair of (waterproof) walking shoes instead. But it would be best to get professional advice from - dare I say it - the Great Outdoors.

Advertisement