Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Venting:UCC waiting for an answer

Options
  • 12-07-2008 3:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Hello all,
    I'm really just venting here. I've applied to do postgrad in UCC on mgmt & marketing but I haven't heard anything back. They've had my app since 24/06 and I've got an email confirming they have all the bits they need but I'm still waiting ( I know it's not that long). ..( I did put my app in before the june 1st closing date but there was an issue woth one part of it so they've only had all of it since 24/06)
    Basically I'm just venting because I'm not currently working and If I get this postgrad I'l;l continue to not work until it starts and If I don't get it I'll have to implement Plan B.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Just wondering did you apply to do it by research or taught? I'd imagine a taught course should be pretty good at getting back to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

research on the other hand would depend on the next faculty meeting, so that could add time to it. if it is research you could contact the admissions office and they'll give you the date of the next meeting. that would give you an idea of timelines.
    it's probably worth contacting them anyway, but they don't move that swiftly.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 EmilioB

i would say contact the admissions dept asap, they may be treat your application as a late application, because you say something about the 24th of June.
    I applied for a masters before June and got the offer first week in July but it is a diff course/department.
    I'm also in the same position as you re: work, however i'm looking and there's feck all out there! not even in call centres!

But anyway, getting back, give someone a ring and get it sorted, don't wait til it's too late!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

They might not have even considered looking at it until it was complete (24/6) so it's not THAT long really. However there is no harm in ringing admissions to see if it's been sent to the decision maker, I only got my offer from them earlier this week, despite my app having been in since April.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 dizzyguy

Hello all,
    I got a response today ( without phoning) and I got a place - Will be starting this year. Absolutely delighted

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Congrats :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Congrats and enjoy it :D

Advertisement