Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RF Channel for Sky North East

Options
  • 12-07-2008 2:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭

Hey there,

i put in a tv link for a 2nd tv and the rf channels i choose cause interference. The signal is perfect when i take out the aerial (for rtes etc). Anyone reccommend an RF with no interference?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭deaglan169

i find in the louth cavan monmaghan area somewere between 38-44 or 60-64 give them i try i usually use 42 or 44

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Antenna

try one of 34, 36, 38 (though if you receive Channel 5 terrestrial avoid the last two)

36 is often the setting for modulators in VCRs so if you have one '36' may be used already.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭MACHEAD

I had exactly the same problem. We get pictures from both Clermont Carn and Divis transmitters, so between the number of analogue and digital services currently in use on both those Tx's and allowing for 3 channel space either side of an 'active' channel, there's not a great deal of space left. In the end I had to compromise and use a channel that done 'least harm'. So we have a good sky picture on the distribution system, but a few of the analogue pictures suffer. As nearly all the channels we watch are on the Sky platform anyway, we don't use the aerial much now. Do a 'google' for 'Taboo TV Channels', ignore the sales pitch for the CAT5 system they sell and use the channel calculator to work out which RF channel would best suit your needs. It doesn't have any info on the irish transmitters, so you'll have to enter those manually. (I had to enter the info for Clermont Carn manually in my case). You will probably have to try a number of different attempts at it and trial and error is the only way to solve it I'm afraid. I spent about 3 weekends trying to sort it out!

Good luck so!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,327 ✭✭✭✭Tony

If the aerial signal is too strong you may also be suffering from overload

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Rippy

Tony wrote: »
    If the aerial signal is too strong you may also be suffering from overload
    Indeed, try a variable attenuator on aerial feed into sky box.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭dougdub

Rippy wrote: »
    Indeed, try a variable attenuator on aerial feed into sky box.

Yep - that was what i had to do in the end! Way too many channels coming through! I brought it down a notch! Not 100% but better than it was! Roll on the switch off of all these transmitters!

Advertisement