Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

insulation- wall, floor and roof?

Options
  • 12-07-2008 12:46pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 400 ✭✭

Hi,
    Im building a new house and need some good advice on the best insulation to put in my walls, floors and roof, as I want to be better than the building regs requirement.

Walls: My walls will be 100 dense concrete block outer leaf, 100 cavity, 100 dense concrete block inner leaf. Whats the best way to handle this insulationwise, and what would the best u-values be?

Roof: Pitched ventilated roof.. again, whats the best insulation option?

Floors: I will be incorporating underfloor heating in my ground floor, but im not sure of the best floor build up spec, and insulation to use.

Ive found it very hard to get simple answers on what insulation to use that would be best to use to get better u values than the requirements in a relatively straight forward masonry house. Any help is appreciated guys!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,433 ✭✭✭sinnerboy

ruskin wrote: »
    Hi,
    Im building a new house and need some good advice on the best insulation to put in my walls, floors and roof, as I want to be better than the building regs requirement.

Walls: My walls will be 100 dense concrete block outer leaf, 100 cavity, 100 dense concrete block inner leaf. Whats the best way to handle this insulationwise, and what would the best u-values be?

Roof: Pitched ventilated roof.. again, whats the best insulation option?

Floors: I will be incorporating underfloor heating in my ground floor, but im not sure of the best floor build up spec, and insulation to use.

Ive found it very hard to get simple answers on what insulation to use that would be best to use to get better u values than the requirements in a relatively straight forward masonry house. Any help is appreciated guys!

Cavity wall - 60 in cavity + 40 internal drylining
    Roof - 2 x100 between joists + 25 below joists ( use 225 joists )
    Floor - 75 screed with UFH , polythene layer , 2 x 60

all above insulation is PIR - can be kingspan/xtratherm/quinn therm

Advertisement