Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outlander trailer

Options
  • 12-07-2008 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭

"Outlander begins when a space craft crashes into the majestic fjords of ancient Norway and into the time of the Vikings. From the wreckage emerge two bitter enemies: a soldier from another world – Kainan – and a bloodthirsty creature known as the Moorwen. Man and monster both seeking revenge for violence committed against them. As the Moorwen ravages the Viking world, killing everything in its path, Kainan forms an unlikely alliance with the primitive but fierce warriors. Combining his advanced technology with ancient Iron Age weapons, the hero leads a desperate attempt to kill the monster - before it destroys them all."

Aliens + Ron Perlman + Vikings = Sci-fi b-movie goodness? Or will it just be the bastard abomination of Beowulf / AvP2 (sortve) :/ ?

One to watch out for - apart from Babylon, sci-fi looks thin on the ground atm.

Comments

Been looking forward to this for a long time. Early word is good and the cast is fantastic so I have high hopes for this. Another Sci Fi film which looks excellent is Dante 01.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Danrte 01 looks intriguing - definitely need to see that.

According to google, it seems Dante 01 has been and gone on a lmited release in the UK back in April. But not out on DVD till Sept :/

It was shown at the London Sci Fi convention but nowhere else. Shame it didn't get a proper release as I've been looking forward to seeing it for quite sometime now.

On the subject of Sci Fi films, the Thomas Jane, Ron Perlman starring The Mutant Chronicles was leaked yesterday. I believe that it's public premiere is taking place tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Hmmm Outlander has a kind of Brotherhood of the Wolf feel to it with a hint of Predator and a dose of Pathfinder(hopefully not too much though).

Plus a smattering of The 13th Warrior? (which is no bad thing I think).

• Advertisement

SofaK wrote: »
    Plus a smattering of The 13th Warrior? (which is no bad thing I think).

Agreed. I think that movie gets a lot of uncalled for flak. Sure it wasn't exactly thought provoking but it had Antonio Banderas stabbing things. Admittedly so too did Original Sin but i digress.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Jaysus, that's an ... odd looking movie. As people say, a weird mix of Brotherhood of the Wolf, 13th Warrior, Beowolf, amongst others. Strange premise, and is that Mr. Hurt I see swanning about in animal skins?

Could be cheese-tastic, could be smelly arse. Hmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

I like the look of Dante 01. Thats fixed firmly on my radar now. Cheers

Oooohh, I like this one!

The "From one of the producers of LoTR" line sounds a bit lame though, sortve like the trailers for Epic / Date Movie.

Looks exciting. Plenty of action.
    But that 'One of the producers..' line is woeful.

• Advertisement

The producers line is quite appaling.

Am i the only one who finds it funny that Jesus is teaming up with Hellboy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

SofaK wrote: »
    Outlander begins when a space craft crashes into the majestic fjords of ancient Norway.

Bit Hitchhiker's Guide, no?

Am i the only one who finds it funny that Jesus is teaming up with Hellboy?
    Christian Bale in in this picture WTF? :p

Advertisement