Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing apps from itunes appstore!

Options
  • 12-07-2008 9:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

On the Irish itunes appstore there is only one game in the games category, while if i change to a different country at the bottom of the home page in itunes and go into the appstore all the games such as super monkey ball and enigmo are there, but i can't buy them because i have to be in the irish
    store!:mad:
    Just wondering if anyone else has this?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

genedoh wrote: »
    On the Irish itunes appstore there is only one game in the games category, while if i change to a different country at the bottom of the home page in itunes and go into the appstore all the games such as super monkey ball and enigmo are there, but i can't buy them because i have to be in the irish
    store!:mad:
    Just wondering if anyone else has this?:confused:

Same for me :(
    Wonder what the hell thats about?
    No doubt the paddies get things last as usual ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 guliolopez

Ditto for me. Only "Mr. Shuffle" shows in the Games cat. Still don't know why. I've submitted a note to Apple requesting some kind of explanation. Seems very odd. In particular given that the advertising in Ireland focused so heavily on games like "Monkey Ball". And then we find it's not available to us. Without even a whiff of an explanation. (Just an empty shelf). If anyone hears a reason (even a rumour) a post here would be helpful...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Tula

WHERE'S MY MONKEY!?

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 genedoh

If you wanna buy apps such as super monkey ball you could buy an american itunes gift card on ebay and set up an american account with fake name + address in america and buy them that way. You can also buy tv episodes and movies this way! $50 gift card cost about e30 on ebay and code is sent via email!

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Sar!

More on this here> http://www.siliconrepublic.com/news/article/11010/

Sadly this is exactly the same as Apple not providing the GPS, Free single of the week and Films/TV downloads to Irish users too. Its unbelievable that they just chose not to release any of those services on the Irish iTunes store especially when there is such a big market here of people who would avail of them. Really makes you wonder why they cant do this here when in the UK they get all of it!

I wouldnt bother even lodging a complaint with Apple over it as sadly the last time I did this all they said was that they are updating things all the time so keep an eye out for new features...i.e. no date...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 roboc

Not just the UK! Ive been checking for games on various other iTunes stores. So far, Ireland seems to be the only EU country that is lacking games. I even noticed that Romania seems to have nothing but apps (and games) in their store... Seriously, what gives here?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭art

Sar! wrote: »
    More on this here> http://www.siliconrepublic.com/news/article/11010/

Sadly this is exactly the same as Apple not providing the GPS, Free single of the week and Films/TV downloads to Irish users too. Its unbelievable that they just chose not to release any of those services on the Irish iTunes store especially when there is such a big market here of people who would avail of them. Really makes you wonder why they cant do this here when in the UK they get all of it!

I wouldnt bother even lodging a complaint with Apple over it as sadly the last time I did this all they said was that they are updating things all the time so keep an eye out for new features...i.e. no date...

I can understand why free singles would not be available or films/tv downloads given the way media companies act like such ****s over copyright jurisdiction etc but I cannot understand this business of the ap store missing games. I think the more people that write in, irrespective of the answer we get, the more notice Apple will take of the issue. I'm certainly going to contact them when I get home from work - if I get a reply I'll post it. But I think others should do it too, not just dismiss it as a waste of effort. If we just roll over and die we just confirm to (any) service providers that we ourselves are not worth the effort.

EDIT: just spotted this on the mobile phone forum...
    fxgeek wrote: »
    I Just emailed one of the Game Developers and they said that there is a problem with the Irish store, and that Apple are aware of it. He was surprised they hadn't resolved the issue yet as he was getting lots of emails, but I'm guessing with all the other things that went on over the weekend with iPhone activation etc this was low on their list of priorities. I suspect it will be updated before the end of the week. In the mean time I suggest everyone go to http://www.apple.com/feedback and submit a bug report about this issue.
    Hopefully it will be sorted soon so

This isnt very interesting, but does shed some light on the situation... I think. I just emailed Pangea Software, makers of Enigmo (one game I was and still am interested in purchasing, and asked them about the issue. This is the reply I got:

"+Something has been wrong with the Ireland store since Thursday because only 1 game is showing up. There should be 200+ games. Apple knows about the problem, but it looks like it still isnt' fixed yet. Hopefully they'll have all the games up there soon.+"

Could be more BS, could be genuine, I don't know. I don't see why these people would lie to us. True, they do seem to be partly passing the buck, but hey, at least they are actually answering us (says someone who is still waiting for their reply from Apple....)

For fun, try clicking on the games category on your ipod touch/iphone... Ignore the fact that it still says 0 games, just take the plunge. I did just now, and was greeted with quite a surprise, or rather, about 100 surprises grin.gif

Now, back to Trism!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

222 games showing:eek:

• Advertisement

Seems like the they fixed the irish appstore server problem or watever!! I'm sticking with my american itunes account so I can buy movies and tv episodes as well as american only apps!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Stephen P

genedoh wrote: »
    Seems like the they fixed the irish appstore server problem or watever!! I'm sticking with my american itunes account so I can buy movies and tv episodes as well as american only apps!

I like the ipint app :D
    How do you buy movies with an american account? Do you not need to give an american address? Does it accept an irish credit card?

Do this:D
    digitaldr wrote: »

Bought an itunes gift card code off Ebay ($47 for a $50 card) from a seller with good feedback - had within a couple of minutes.

Logged out of my itunes account and changed to the US store

Entered my code, hit the redeem button and entered a US address I got of the net (a hotel in New Hampshire - no sales tax there) also used a different email address to the one I use for my Irish account - not sure if this was strictly necessary?

Downloaded monkeyball logged out

Logged back into Irish account and synced onto my iphone

Lots of games/movies/tv episodes on US store

I was also able to download US games direct from my iphone - there 197 at last count!

Obviously as well as breaking Apples T+Cs I've probably commited fraud too :eek:

Advertisement