Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

rock climbing

• 11-07-2008 3:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

hey i'm hoping to get into rock climbing as a hobbie, after a bit of looking seems like you need to do a few skills courses before you join a club so thats the plan at the moment.

i found a one day beginner in dalky quarry on www.janecarneyinstruction.com july27th but its way cheaper if theres four to six people not to mention more fun (€60), i have a couple of mates who are maybes but just though i'd post this to see if anyone else is interested? also has anyone done a course with her is she any good?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I might be interested but I don't think I could do that day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ruthhh

i went ahead and booked into that day been thinking about doing it for ages just want to get started before the weathers gone. cheers for getting back to me though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

No problem. I'm not in Dublin that or I'd have done it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭peter-pantslez

good luck with it ruth wish you all the best with the climbing!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,417 ✭✭✭✭Alun

ruthhh wrote: »
    also has anyone done a course with her is she any good?
    Haven't done a course with her, but I do know her personally. I'd imagine she'd be a very good and patient teacher.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭irishlostboy

i worked with her in tiglin about ten odd years ago (if its the jane i remember. small blond girl?) if its that Jane, she was a very good instructor and climber. hope the course goes well for you.

Advertisement