Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abandoned Foreign Reg Vehicles?

Options
  • 11-07-2008 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭

Can somebody advise me please.
    Somebody has left a big van with Polish reg plates in front of my
    house and it hasn't moved for over six weeks.Its parked in a parking
    bay which isn't controlled by a management company so I presume
    it would be the responsibility of Fingal County Council.
    As this person doesn't pay any car tax can the vehicle be removed?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

http://www.fingalcoco.ie/EnvironmentandWater/LitterManagementUnit/Litter/#VehicleText

VEHICLE REMOVAL Contact: 8906799 / envserv@fingalcoco.ie
    Did you know that there are 3 Authorised Treatment Facilities in the Fingal area where you can bring your old car for recycling free of charge? For further details go to Enforcement/Regulation section.
    The Council also provides a service whereby we will collect and dispose of your unwanted car for a fee of €50.00 payable which is payable in advance.
    We also remove abandoned cars subject to conditions. We will only remove abandoned vehicles from public property and will not enter private property or estates that are not taken in charge to remove such vehicles.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Remove the plates before you contact the council- then its officially an abondoned vehicle........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

smccarrick wrote: »
    Remove the plates before you contact the council- then its officially an abondoned vehicle........
    how legal would that be?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

subway wrote: »
    how legal would that be?

Probably illegal- I did ask a guard and that was what I was told though. I made sure when I was dumping the plates not to put them in my own bin :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

subway wrote: »
    how legal would that be?

Its only illegal if the Gardai find out ;)

I did it loads when I lived in Walkinstown. The area was littered with abandoned cars because of all the lanes behind the houses. I was sick of them being burned out so I took the plates of more than a couple of cars. :D

Spot the disgruntled biker :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement