Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it normal for a Sony LCD TV to do this?

Options
  • 11-07-2008 1:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hi,
    I got a Sony Bravia 32P3000 there yesterday and since I first plugged it in the back of the TV has been making this loud buzzing noise. It is really annoying when watching a TV or playing a movie. Even when the sound is turned up you can still hear the buzzing when there is a quiet part in the movie or tv programme.

Is this normal? Would I be able for a refund even though the mother through away the packaging?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭Homer

If it wasn't there from day one it sounds like a fault.
    How long have you had the set? Do you have a receipt? You would not necessarily be entitled to a refund, it depends on how long you have had the TV. They will offer to repair/replace the set if there is a fault.
    It depends on (A) how long you have the set and (B) your relationship with the retailer. If you have dealt with them in the past and they know you, then they may give you a replacement rather than send it away for repair.
    You don't need the packing necessarily. If they send your set back for repair/replacement to the manafacturers then they will use the empty box of any set they may decide to give you.

Industria.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭manyoo88

well i ordered it on saturday and it came on Thursday. Yes I do have the receipt. Since I only got it yesterday from the courier am I entitled to a refund?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭Homer

manyoo88 wrote: »
    well i ordered it on saturday and it came on Thursday. Yes I do have the receipt. Since I only got it yesterday from the courier am I entitled to a refund?

If you really want a refund I guess you could get one as it is so new and not working as per manafacturers specifications?
    Why a refund? Would you not just ring and ask for a replacement? They may tell you that you are only entitled to a replacement or repair but somebody else might be able to fill you in better on the legality of that.
    I would be happy if they came out and replaced it but it's your call at the end of the day I guess.

Industria

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭manyoo88

to be honest i would rather a refund/credit note as I would prefer to get a different brand on the site as this fault may happen again with the replacement model

Advertisement