Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need advise on a good cinema system

Options
  • 11-07-2008 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭

Hoping somebody will be able to help me out with a purchase I intend to make in the next few weeks.

At the moment in my house I have:
    42" LG LCD HD READY TV (bought it 18 months ago)
    X-BOX 360 with an X-BOX HD DVD DRIVE (have a good few HD DVD movies)
    WHARFDALE HDMI DVD PLAYER.

In addition I am about to buy a FREESAT HD RECIEVER (so I can get all the free sat channels and BBC/ITV HD.

I was planning to go onto the richersounds website and buy a really good home cinema system. Im looking for one that would have HDMI outputs so I could connect the X-BOX, DVD Player and HD Receiver into and in turn connect the cinema system to the tv. What system could you recomend? Should I get an all in one system or is seperates the way to go? I have a budget of 1000 euro to spend on it.

Also I am toying with the idea of getting a new 1080p LCD TV. At least a 42" size. How much difference in picture would I get on an 1080p LCD TV compared to the tv I have now? What tv would you recomend? Any Samsung models I have seen in the shops seem to have a fantastic picture. Would they be a good model to go with.

If I was to get the tv with the cinema system I would have a budget of 2000 euro max. Id really appreciate any advice you could give me. I want to have the perfect entertainment system and want to get the right equipment for it.

Sorry for all the questions but this purchase is a treat to myself as I have been saving up for this for a good while and want to make sure I get it right.

Thanks

Gazzer

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

I would definetley look at the posts in the richer sounds forum on boards, lot of pleased people in there. You can also pm the MD john_mc. I would ask for their advice as I am sure they will guide you and can be trusted. You can always post up the offer to see if others conclude it's a good deal.

Take a read of posts by prosperous dave he got a lot of bang for his buck.

I peronally have gone down the separates route and am very happy with my Onkyo 605 amp.

Good luck!

Advertisement