Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stitches in gum???

Options
  • 11-07-2008 2:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭

I know someone who had to get a front tooth removed, while removing the tooth, the dentist inadvertantly broke it, and they ended up with 6 stitches in the gum. Is this common?? I dont think a dentist should leave someone in that sort of state while removing a tooth.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭BryanL

why was the tooth being extracted?
    it's rare to get to extract a nice strong healthy tooth, more commonly it's a decayed, failed root filling or damaged tooth, where you have little to work with, to me it's common for a tooth to break during an extraction, which is slightly different from me breaking the tooth!
    placing stiches after some extractions would be providing the best standard of care for the patient.
    Bryan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭sd123

BryanL wrote: »
    why was the tooth being extracted?
    it's rare to get to extract a nice strong healthy tooth, more commonly it's a decayed, failed root filling or damaged tooth, where you have little to work with, to me it's common for a tooth to break during an extraction, which is slightly different from me breaking the tooth!
    placing stiches after some extractions would be providing the best standard of care for the patient.
    Bryan

I know, dunno why I even bothered posting it, just had a bone to pick with someone tbh, not giving out about dentists or anything. Sorry if I suggested something by it.

SD

Advertisement