Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 2008 - What are you looking forward to.

Options
  • 11-07-2008 12:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭

OK, so we've seen that Megaman 9 is coming out on Wiiware (which I hope isn't Nintendo's big surprise).

But what else are people excited about?

The Force Unleashed is looking to be something special and the reports say the Wii control is fantastic. Pity there is no online play :(

Personally I'm looking forward to Fatal Frame 4. Nintendo have apparently bought the franchise and are frontrunners on the production of this game.
    I'd have bought a Wii for this alone, if it is as good as the others in the series.

I've only ever played the XBox Fatal Frame 2, but god it was a fantastic game, probably the only genuinely scary (as opposed to just jumpy) games I have ever played. I used to play it in the dark at night and they use tricks (like a split second cut screen of someone moving behind you) that are really effective for atmosphere. My only worry is that Nintendo will cut out the MA-Rating which will probably mean the scares are diminished.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

A few months ago, Reggie was hyping a big new game that people would be very excited about... unfortunately, it appears that it'll probably be Animal Crossing for the Wii.

Alot of people were hoping for a Kid Icarus revival.

I still hope they have a surprise or two up their sleeves.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,472 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

I'd love to hear an announcement that they were going to scrap the ridiculous unique friend codes for every game and that they intended to fix smash online play.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Mr E wrote: »
    A few months ago, Reggie was hyping a big new game that people would be very excited about... unfortunately, it appears that it'll probably be Animal Crossing for the Wii.

Alot of people were hoping for a Kid Icarus revival.

I still hope they have a surprise or two up their sleeves.
    Could it be another Zelda?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,964 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

After playing some smash bros. there and just thought to myself how much I'd love another Pikmin game. Bigger and more levels that are as well designed as in the first game and get rid of the boring underground levels from the second game or at least design them properly without using a random generator.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭Antamojo

A new Pikmin game would be brilliant.
    Hopefully another Zelda game is on the horizon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

Well they better have a number of big announcements... things look pretty bleak at the moment.

Roll on 5pm tomorrow. Hope there are some surprises. Animal Crossing, WTF.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

I'd like to see a new Zelda, if there is a big surprise please God dont let it involve any new periphials, there are already tonnes of useless white plastic bits on the market.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,779 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Here's what I've been hearing, some are nearly 100% confirmed from a reliable source (writer thats on a forum I frequent) .. lets hope I'm right :o

2 Big Christmas Games

Punch Out!! Wii (with balance board functionality)
    Animal Crossing: City Folk

Also unveiled
    Playable Disaster Day of Crisis
    New Starfox
    Dead Rising spin-off

Thanks speedboatchase...

A new Starfox would be pretty sweet.

Not too pushed about Punch Out (Boxing was the weakest link in Wii Sports) but we'll see...

• Advertisement

Meh on Punch out, we've already had two iterations of boxing on wii, including one with Balance board, unless they are going to do something special it seems a little pointless.

New Starfox would be interesting.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,964 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Please, please, please make starfox just like Starfox 64. Starfox Assault was a criminally bad game.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,607 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I'll be interested in seeing how this Punch Out! turns out. It's the only boxing game I can say I've ever had any kind of interest in.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,607 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Please, please, please make starfox just like Starfox 64. Starfox Assault was a criminally bad game.

Oh yes please. Starfox 64/Lylat Wars was my favourite game on that system. A proper follow up would be the biz.

I'd like to see a new Zelda, if there is a big surprise please God dont let it involve any new periphials, there are already tonnes of useless white plastic bits on the market.
    As you can see from the other thread about MotionPlus, they've announced.... ANOTHER PIECE OF WHITE PLASTIC! :)

Good old Ninty... interesting to see what applications it has.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

o1s1n wrote: »
    Oh yes please. Starfox 64/Lylat Wars was my favourite game on that system. A proper follow up would be the biz.

Im hoping for a good sequel too. Be good if they got rid of the crappy ground sections and make a proper starfox again. The tank levels on lylat wars were deadly. They should include some of those.

Is the Nintendo Conference on today? what time if so? Any final predictions.

5pm, IGN, G4 and GoNintendo will have live streams, which means nothing to me cos I'm in bloody work! :(

Final predicts:
    Wii - Animal Crossing, Starfox, Wii Music, Punch Out
    DS - NSMB2, New Kirby, Professor Layton 2

^^^^

LOL at my earlier picks :D

What a rubbish showing from Nintendo, anyone want to buy a Wii once I'm done with Smash Bros? Can't see any long term use for it now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Syke

I still think Fatal Frame will usher in a fantastic new franchise for Nintendo and a Mature rated one too. In terms of feeling like you're in an actual horror movie, it pisses on RE from a great height. I'm most optimistic about it because the big N are involved in production.

The Force, Conduit and Ghostbusters could all be great games if handled properly. The Nintendo Press Session was an absolute joke, unless you're 10.

• Advertisement

Was chatting to a mate of mine who has been a consistent nintendo fanboy for 15 years. he is still confident that Nintendo will have something for us when they do their own expo in September, He was also saying that nintendo have held back at E3 in hte past prefereing to launch stuff on their own terms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Was chatting to a mate of mine who has been a consistent nintendo fanboy for 15 years. he is still confident that Nintendo will have something for us when they do their own expo in September, He was also saying that nintendo have held back at E3 in hte past prefereing to launch stuff on their own terms.

That's rolftastic!!!!!!!

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    That's rolftastic!!!!!!!

I was a little sceptical myself, still there might be something in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I think they knew their "core" players were going to be disappointed, hence all the comments about how they geared E3 towards the casual market, and all the hints about a new Mario and Zelda, and the confirmation that they're making Pikmin 3 as well...

Advertisement