Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Basic AMD processor question

Options
  • 10-07-2008 10:52pm

I'm looking at a Vostro 1000 with Vista and 2gb of memory and it has a choice of 3 processors:

1) AMD® Athlon 64 X2 Mobile Technology TK57
    2) AMD® Turion 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL58
    3) AMD® Turion 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL60

How do I discern between the 3? Obviously since the third one is the most expensive it must be the most powerful/best. But how do I know how much processing power I'm getting with 1 or 2 since there's no Ghz mentioned?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

The TL class processors use less power and produce less heat than the TK class. The TK57 is a 1.9Ghz as is the TL58. The TL60 is a 2Ghz

• Thanks AlmightyCushion. Did you look that up somewhere?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

The whole TK TL think I knew. Basically the higher up the alphabet the second letter is the more energy efficient the processors are. I knew the clock speed of the TL 60 and TL 58. I had to look up the clock speed of the TK 57 though.

Advertisement