Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charity cycle :is the weather too bad ??

Options
  • 10-07-2008 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭

Current weather conditions being sh** for this time of year I`ve organised another charity cycle from limerick to kilkee on july 28th
    last time we did this we raised over 6000 euros but with the weather being so unpredictable i`m not sure what to do do we juststill go for it ?

We have already 30 names of cyclists and i`m worried if the weather is bad we won`t have enough cars to assist us as they do get spread out a bit over the stops ?

any advice ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Fair play to ya. It's all for a good cause, so go for it. Little bit of rain is refreshing enough. Beats high humidity any day.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭DJKAV

but what if it`s monsoon weather like it`s been for the past week >

It's too far out to predict the weather for a start but in the end of the day it's your gig, it's your call.

Would the wind be more of a factor than monsoonal conditions? That's how i found it in my casual cycling days of my fitter youth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

As with any outdoor physical exercise (of which Snowbie wouldn't be too au fait with :rolleyes:), the best weather conditions are cool temps (i.e. less than 15 degrees), light winds, cloud cover and the occasional light shower to refresh you.

Stands back and waits for Snowbie's reply........:D

Banned..:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement