Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Brand

Options
  • 10-07-2008 5:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭

Hi All,

I've now done a bit of research however, there's still loads of choice that matches my budget. i have between 700 - 800 to spend.

Need at least the following:

17" screen (as working with photos a lot)
    1.8 ghz processor about (which type is best - Dual Core?)
    2 gig RAM
    not worried about HD as will be getting an external HD next week but would say about 100-150GB would do the job

Anyway, after reading reports and asking friends which laptops they have and including the brands that I like, the ones that seem popular are Sony, Toshiba & Dell. The Samsung seem good value too but I dont know anyone who has one. Apple is unfortunately out of my price range

Also, Wouldnt mind buying online (laptopsdirect or dell or dabs) but is after sales better with the likes of PC world or a shop rather than the internet.

So - Can ye recommend any brand and where to buy from...

Thanks
    John

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Invincible

I can recommend e-buyer.com,bought an Asus F3E-AP259C from them,ordered last thursday,arrived monday last,dealt through Google account,happy with it.

Advertisement