Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freesat with Sky+

Options
  • 10-07-2008 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

If I get Sky + on the current offer of €49, and just get the basic package, it'll cost €20-25 per month.

Does that include all of the FTV channels ? Or will I miss out on some as I'm in the RoI ?

Could I get a UK FreeSat card (or SKY card?) and receive the missing channels without losing any from the Irish package ?

I'm trying to get the best of both worlds here.

I'm currently watching Digital Terrestrial TV from Limavady and have become hooked to CSI, Numbers & House on FiveUS so don't wanna lose that by getting Sky.

TIA
    PK.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭icjzfmq7ewon1t

Pique wrote: »
    Hi all,

If I get Sky + on the current offer of €49, and just get the basic package, it'll cost €20-25 per month.

Does that include all of the FTV channels ? Or will I miss out on some as I'm in the RoI ?

Could I get a UK FreeSat card (or SKY card?) and receive the missing channels without losing any from the Irish package ?

I'm trying to get the best of both worlds here.

I'm currently watching Digital Terrestrial TV from Limavady and have become hooked to CSI, Numbers & House on FiveUS so don't wanna lose that by getting Sky.

TIA
    PK.

You wont be able to receive channel 5 fiver or FiveUs with an ROI subscription. Its possible with a UK FTV card but it would mean swapping cards when you want to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Pique

Thanks...are there any channels on FTV that SKY don't carry ?
    Can I get Sky Sports or Setanta by using a FTV card and then ringing up to buy a subscription ?

Advertisement