Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mortgage to include car space

Options
  • 10-07-2008 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

I have a query on the car spaces.
    They are priced at €20,000 each.

however my mortgage broker will only lend on the value of the property, therefore they will not offer the cost to purchase a car space.

Is there any way around this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭az2wp0sye65487

try a different broker...?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

Personally I'd wait until such absurd practices as charging twenty grand for parking are a thing of the past. It's an interesting question though, I'm surprised I haven't seen anyone raise it yet.

I'm guessing by "broker" you mean the actual lender, or that if you've hit an abolsute ceiling of what they'll lend you (i.e. the purchase price ex parking space).

I suppose simply put your options are:

A. Find a lender who will give you the 20k.

B. Try to negotiate a cheaper price for it or get it included if this is a deal breaker for you

C. Don't buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 alrichie

Hi,

thanks for the responses. yea i would be surprised if i am the only one in this position.

Its not he money they will lend me.
    they will lend me more.
    but only for property. not to buy a car space.

the brokers i have tried are EBS, and IIB homeloans.

waiting to hear back from BOI

Advertisement