Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

options & low cost execution only brokers

Options
  • 10-07-2008 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,789 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Again probably a silly question (I seem to do a lot of that)

I was just wondering if anyone out there buys options?

If so what stockbroker do you buy them off?

Ive read a lot of threads about the lack of good low cost online brokers in ireland and some users posts about online brokers in the UK and the US (usually contradictory as some users claim not all of these sites are useable unless you are resident in the country the brokerage operates)

Has anyone out there done business with a good online broker and did they allow you to trade options as well as just company shares?

Im interested in finding an efficient low cost execution only stockbroker that I can use even though I live in ireland for buying shares as well - only have a small amount of cash to invest so the charges some of our stockbrokers levy would nullify any benefits I might get from the profits ---some place that does options would be a bonus or even just general feedback from anyone that has tried to trade options from Ireland would be useful.

New to using brokers so would appreciate any feedback:)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 BrenTTS

Have used simulator account www.optionsxpress.com It seemed fine. Know some other people who use it a lot, think they found them to be ok

• Registered Users Posts: 6,789 ✭✭✭amacca

Tks BrenTTs, much appreciated. will give it a go.

Advertisement