Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop for spares

Options
  • 10-07-2008 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭

hi

I am trying to get a feel as to whether i should sell an old dell 5160 insprion for spares or break and sell the parts separately - anyone have any thoughts on this. My son spilt water into the laptop and since then the graphics card has not worked, i have since got a new laptop and thought to regain some of the spent money by breaking the old one - keeping the hard drive and obviously not selling the graphics card. The screen was replaced by dell last year so is still in great nick for selling and then there is the memory and all manner of bits that i can see for sale on ebay - should i break or sell as a broken whole for repair?

Cheers
    R.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,184 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

well there are definitely third part online business that will pay money to have the screen from you. regarding other parts you might be able to get a small amount of money from selling them on ebay. but do Karma a favor and label them used/refurbished.. we've all been had by crap ebay purchases at one stage or another.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭jaggiebunnet

Cheers yeah definitely would - never sold anything on ebay yet, only bought but would always label as used.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,184 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

im sorry i cant think of any UK screen-vendors but I just dealt with a US site to get my new laptop screen - which is when i noticed they offer to buy working screens from otherwise defunct laptops.

Advertisement