Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a laptop for a student

Options
  • 10-07-2008 10:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭

Folks,

I've always recommended Dell laptops to friends because I've never had any problems with them and I've never been ripped off.

Is it worth shopping around for other brands when looking for a cheap (but not nasty) laptop for a student?

Dells entry level is around 550 Euro.

It will be used for word processing, web and music.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭snollup

I know that back from the future on camden st build laptops for students. Also, IT Direct on Parliament St. do a Tosh machine for about 500. There good laptops that are built to last. Personally I wouldnt but off Dell. There not always the cheapest and after sales service is crap!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Get an Asus EEE pc. They are absolutely awesome for students - granted you need to buy an external harddrive to hold music but it is worth it for what you mentioned your uses would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,184 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

EEE Pcs are great for your average student because their so damn small and light. if you need your lappy for more heavy use though (eg. youre an IT student) definitely stick to the regular 15.4" sized laptops. HPs have become popular in the last year and TBH I like the look and feel. Acers are also decent and Toshibas and Sonys are good too. So yes its definitely worth shopping around the brands to see what you like.

Advertisement