Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2008 Premiership Round 15

Options
  • 10-07-2008 9:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭

Friday Jul 11
    Carlton v St. Kilda @ MCG, 7.40pm (10.40GMT)

Saturday Jul 12
    Collingwood v Adelaide @ MCG, 2.10pm (05.10GMT) Setanta Sports 1 04.30AM
    Geelong v Fremantle, @ Skilled Stadium 2.10pm (05.10GMT)
    Essendon v Brisbane @ Telstra Dome, 7.10pm (10.10GMT)
    Port Adelaide v North Melbourne @ AAMI Stadium, 7.10pm (10.40GMT) Setanta Sports 2 10.00AM

Sunday Jul 13
    Hawthorn v Sydney @ MCG, 1.10pm (04.10GMT) Setanta Sports 2 03.30AM and 19.00pm and Setanta Sports 1 09.30am
    Western Bulldogs v Melbourne @ Telstra Dome, 2.40pm (07.40GMT)
    West Coast v Richmond @ Subiaco, 2.40pm (7.40GMT)

highlights Monday evening Jul 14 ; also TG4 wednesday night at 11pm. Europsort UK usually have games too. Also note that Setanta are showing games on SS1 as well as the usual SS2.

Carlton v St. Kilda : Saints
    Collingwood v Adelaide : Pies
    Geelong v Fremantle : Cats
    Essendon v Brisbane : Lions
    Port Adelaide v North Melbourne : Roos
    Hawthorn v Sydney : Hawks
    Western Bulldogs v Melbourne : Dogs
    West Coast v Richmond : Eagles

some close games expected this week. first one could go either way, and is a real top 8 finish game. i think the Saints might pull it off, but both teams are really just stuttering through the season. Pies I've picked again, but whther they will be consistent or not is the big factor. Lions should have enough, especially to get over that last bad loss. Power could well win at home, but I will tip the Roos to once again stake a clai for a top 8. Hawks should beat Sydney, who have a disastrous run in, and I can easily see them slip out of the top 4. Doggies will trounce Melbourne in the easiest game to pick this week (whats the bets they lose!:pac:) And I'll go for the Eagles at home, some rejuvination to the team (again) this week, and while Tigers are showing better this year, I still think Eagles are showing some signs of capabilities.

Michael Voss has also signed up as coach with Eagles. He turned down the Gold Coast head coach to be an assistant in Perth, and I think that is a great thing for the club. a man of his standing and reputation will hopefully bring some stability back and it shows the club are moving forward.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Didn't realise Voss had actually signed. Last week The West reported that he's turned it down.

Anyway,

Carlton v St. Kilda : Blues
    Collingwood v Adelaide : Pies
    Geelong v Fremantle : Cats
    Essendon v Brisbane : Lions
    Port Adelaide v North Melbourne : Port
    Hawthorn v Sydney : Hawks
    Western Bulldogs v Melbourne : Dogs
    West Coast v Richmond : Eagles

Roos have suspended Shannon Grant for an as yet unknown reason so he'll be sitting the weekend out.

I have a horrible suspicion that the Bombers might do the Bears and the Crows/Pies game is a shocker to have to call.

Saturday noon I shall be watching the Dockers get their arses handed to them on a plate by the Cats :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

It's all kickin off in the Cats/Dockers game.

Dean Solomon just laid out Cameron Ling with a vicious elbow. Ling is fucked. Big scrap now with Robbie Warnock getting his jersey ripped to shreds.

Dockers have come with the intention of swinging digs to disrupt the Cats. Ryan Crowley is again marking Gary Ablett and is just looking to hit him at every opportunity.

Only the first quarter too!

Advertisement