Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[PR] Metro North Open Days - July

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

i thought it was being postponned??

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 371 ✭✭Traffic

No it hasnt been postponed

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

dmeehan wrote: »
    i thought it was being postponned??

No, beside unconfirmed reports (so-far) it is not.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Dempsey has just said that the tendering process will continue and will not be affected by the cuts. He even suggested that land purchase may be cheaper in some places due to the downturn.

http://www.rte.ie/live/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Dempsey Said about his cutbacks
    I will outline the changes to my Estimates as part of the Government effort to consolidate the budget for 2008. Savings of €20 million in capital funding will be made in the Department of Transport this year. Savings of €133,000 in the administrative budget of the Department will be made this year. Further savings of €156,000 will be made through efficiencies in the agencies funded by the Department. Savings of €1.9 million will be made in the Department in the area of consultancy-payroll costs, advertising and PR. A saving of 2% will be made in 2009 in the area of procurement. In common with other Departments, a saving of 3% will be made in 2009 in the area of payroll costs

then there was a bit of chit chat from across the floor, off went Dempsey again .
    Out of a gross spending budget of over €3.8 billion for my Department in 2008, I can manage the €20 million saving in capital funding this year without impacting on the delivery of our infrastructure projects. The bulk of the saving of €20 million is in the non-core capital budget. As much as €13 million will arise in the capital expenditure grant scheme for regional airports. There has been a slow drawdown of these grants by the airports due, I understand, to factors such as planning delays and the necessity for the airports to come up with their share of the capital project costs. So far this year, the drawdown is €2.5 million of the €24 million allocation, a spend which is considerably less than anticipated. Spending on property acquisition for metro north has also been slower than anticipated and I envisage the bulk of the balance of savings on capital, €7 million, will come from there, in addition to lower costs.

So he announced €20m of cutbacks.

€13m on Regional Airports and €7m on Metro North

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,257 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Its a change in cashflow, not a cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭heyjude

Victor wrote: »
    Its a change in cashflow, not a cut.

I think they've been referring to them as "cost savings" not "cuts/cutbacks" :rolleyes:

Advertisement