Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

August's AI

Options
  • 10-07-2008 1:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭

forgot to mention this earlier the first of 2 august issuses of AI is out ,some good stuff in it ,

the 2nd issue due towads the end of the month will cover just laodouts and reviews

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

has it hit easons yet ? they normally dont have it in cork at least till the 11th

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

well its out in killarney i got mine a few days ago

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

got it already., to be honest its a load of cr*p, nothing in it you wouldnt already know and the review on the MK23 socom reads like Tokyo Marui wrote it themselves.,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

have to agree there load of rubbish all very basic lots of mistakes, if you want to try something different give airsoft solider issue 1 has just come out also the 2 or 3 free online mags that are out there have far superior content

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Site-Ops

Puding wrote: »
    well its out in killarney i got mine a few days ago

Puding are you from Killarney? If so when are you going to open a site in the Gap of Dunloe or Torc ? Even Ladies view.... I can see a take the hill with one group sitting at the cafe firing down on the unfortunates coming up the hill from the lake :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭theburi

Agree. I am very dissapointed with AI lately. Lots of nothing.
    Puding wrote: »
    have to agree there load of rubbish all very basic lots of mistakes, if you want to try something different give airsoft solider issue 1 has just come out also the 2 or 3 free online mags that are out there have far superior content

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭Chuck the Buck

theburi wrote: »
    Agree. I am very dissapointed with AI lately. Lots of nothing.

Only seen it once (last months issue) and was not impressed - very small mag (with a good few ads) and a whole lot of nothing in it. You could read through the whole thing in Easons before they move you on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Mutt McL

nothing that you cant already read on line, a waste of money , i have noticed that the editorial staff seem to write all the gear reviews , probably cos they got it off a rep for free ....

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

found it - easons cunningly stack them out the back.
    most thoughtful of them

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Originally AI was pretty decent. Now they've run out of material and are printing sh1t.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Razormurphy

Yep, AI was pretty good when it came out first. Now it seems to be full of ads, little practical content, and loads of childish spelling mistakes.
    The Mk.23 review was a black gun on an even blacker background. Pretty poor stuff.
    Needs a bit of shelf competition I reckon.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

about the only bit i found interesting was the back page of it, notice their making a lot more of them funky coloured AEGs for the VCRA thingy bob.,

SIG 552
    R85
    AK47
    G36c
    "Thunder Maul" (that funky M4-alike from an anime cartoon)
    HK416
    BAR 10 sniper
    XM8
    SM6
    and last but not least,
    the JG AUG RAS, notice they aint calling it the AUG A3., :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭birdman 1979

yea this issue was a load of wollop! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Miscreant

Seem to be plenty of copies in Easons in Liffey Valley. Packed with Ads though. When a mag gets to the stage when they are using ads as filler I usually stop buying it. Don't think it will be different with this mag..... Quite disappointed.

Advertisement