Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky + - Picture changing to 4:3 wth scart control off.

Options
  • 10-07-2008 1:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭

Hi,

Recently cancelled sports for the summer and ever since(or at least it seemed to happen at same time) the picture on certain channels "jumps" to 4:3. I have scart control turned off. Have sky+ since last year and it has only started doing this now,

Any ideas why? and how to fix/stop it??
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭mumhaabu

My Sky+ box has been doing this for awhile now, it also turns off the power supply in installer menu to the Sky Magic eye for changing channels in another room

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Check your tv is not set to Auto

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭tomslick

The scart control is for making TV go to Sky/scart when you turn the TV on. Usually to stop jumping put the TV screen setting to "Full" and make Sky setting 16:9

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭O7Pat

tomslick wrote: »
    The scart control is for making TV go to Sky/scart when you turn the TV on. Usually to stop jumping put the TV screen setting to "Full" and make Sky setting 16:9

Hi thanks for that.

Ya that is the setting that I have had for the last couple of months but the problem has only started happening recently. The timing with the chage of mix may be just a coincidence.

There was another thread on this not so long ago. I have a feeling Sky implemented line 23 WSS in a software update but I don't know for sure.

• Advertisement
Advertisement