Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big BDU's

Options
  • 09-07-2008 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

New to the sport, I'm a big guy (6 6' 50 inch chest) and wondering whether anyone could point me in the direction of a good place to buy Big BDU's and a nice big tactical vest?

Thanks,

- Kentar

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Try www.flecktarn.co.uk, I got some good larger stuff off them.

The SAAV vest may fit you, they have them in www.eirsoft.ie, do what I did and head into the shop and try one :-)
    Kentar wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

New to the sport, I'm a big guy (6 6' 50 inch chest) and wondering whether anyone could point me in the direction of a good place to buy Big BDU's and a nice big tactical vest?

Thanks,

- Kentar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

olive drab and black are easy enough to source in that size, anything else is a bit of a challenge alright, try soldiercity.com

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Tru-Spec make BDUs that might fit. I'm 6'3 and about 46 across the chest and I'm just using their 'large' size, not anything bigger. Not dirt-cheap to buy, but bloody good.

OpsGear.com sell them - they do promotions frequently with money off which should give you a saving. Dunno any cheaper places off the top of my head. Just do a google.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

I was recently in the Local Army Surplus store looking at American
    Desert ACU
    and the "Small" size was Larger than anything I have ever seen.
    I could have made a tent out of the material!

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

I'm a big boy and have gotten BDU's from the excellent Flectarn.co.uk (XXL Size) and from www.brigadequartermaster.com (althought they fecked up the shipping badly on the last order).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭Rhinocharge

Hi Folks,

Thanks,

- Kentar

Not being a funny fish, what's your shoulder size, waist & leg?
    What style are you exactly looking for?
    I'm in the same boat as you, but I'm 64 in the shoulders.
    It's easier to point you in the right direction if we know what you're looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Kentar

I think shoulders 52' though I'm not sure exactly sure....
    Waist about 40-44 depending on make.
    Leg 35.
    I'm looking for woodland or tigerstripe or whatever anyone would recommend really.
    As I mentioned I'm new to all this so I'm not really up to date with what usually worn ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,458 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

I think shoulders 52' though I'm not sure exactly sure....
    Waist about 40-44 depending on make.
    Leg 35.
    I'm looking for woodland or tigerstripe or whatever anyone would recommend really.
    As I mentioned I'm new to all this so I'm not really up to date with what usually worn ;)

people wear all sorts, some people wear ACU, hardly ideal in our enviroment, I wear

NWU, designed for the US Navy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Tomazas

bdu.com
    have bought of them, very good service, big selection and it is a real deal not cheep chinese stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Kentar

Thanks for all the help lads I appreciate it ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

im around 6ft 2 and plumpy :p

i got a SAAV ( south african assault vest) from tony and its working a charm

tbh im just using a kinda custom, mercenary pmc loadout, basically i just ahvnt bought camo yet :0

so its jeans and comfy shirts for me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 BrusBilis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Spitfire666

pm'd you a number,
    more or less any camo you want. and soon, anything from flecktarn too.

Advertisement