Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking for meditations,affirmations for ill health

Options
  • 09-07-2008 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭

Evening all,

At present I'm facing a serious health setback with many facets.
    While doing all the required hospital stuff, I got to thinking about the effects of mental attitude & spirituality etc

So, my question...has anyone who has faced illness found that the spiritual aspect has helped & if so how...would be very grateful for any suggestions

Ladybird

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Hi Ladybird

Sorry to hear you are facing into ill health. Ive been through ill health, but at a time when I was younger and not particularly spiritual. Ive been through hard times since for other reasons, and I do know that at my lowest points was when it was hardest to see and feel the support of spirit around me. I used feel very alone. But, you know, I wasnt. It is like the Footprints story, at the hardest times, when you feel most abandoned, you look back and realise thats when you were being carried and supported the most.

I have no particular meditations to offer, all I can say to you, is allow yourself to feel whatever it is you are feeling. Just let it flow through you and accept it. Never try to dampen anger or frustration, let it come, and go. Everything we do, good or bad, teaches us something, even if we only see that much later. Thats the kind of spiritual outlook I have now, I dont know if its how you see things, but it helps me a lot.

Also, about 6 months ago I bought a CD of meditations including one for dealing with the big 'C'. (have no idea if that is your situation). At the time I had no idea why I bought it, I just felt compelled to. Its sat unopened since. If you would like it, pm your address, you never know, maybe this is why I have it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭ladybirdirl

Hi Oryx,

Thanks so much for your post. I know exactly what you're saying about feeling alone... I do keep trying to focus on what's good & push myself but would readily admit to not being the best at just letting myself feel whatever it is I feel.... I spend too much time trying to be positive for everyone around me (the joys of a large family eh:rolleyes:)

Ladybird

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I have nothing else to add, really, that wont sound like a stock sympathetic noise.:)

But for what its worth: *hugs* and hope you get through all this ok. x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭karynp

Ladybird,
    I went through illness too and came out the other end. I found my mindset changed quite a lot,i asked myself what i thought i should learn from the illness,how should it affect me and what i could take from it,good and bad but i was experiencing it and no matter what,it had to happen so best thing to do was try to understand it. i found giving myself chats ect was really helpful as, at the time, i didnt see how a meditation would help.
    In actual fact,i STILL use that methd for when i have hard times ahead,be they mental or phsyical.
    I wish you the best with your recovery and can only say,have faith in yourself and you will go a long way with your strength and ability to cope.;)

Thanks Karynp,

I have been trying to keep being positive & keep pushing myself so I don't just 'gve in' to it..but I'm now wondering if perhaps I should just go with it & hence the search for the mediations etc

Thanks so much though, will try the 'self chats' idea:)

LB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭trishasaffron

If you haven't already you might find the Louise Hay books and affirmations helpful. I managed to download one onto my ipod and found it great to listen to while walking when I was going through a very stressful time (a close one's illness rather than mine).
    Best wishes.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭psychic-hack

Hi Ladybirdgirl,

Sorry to hear about the health setback. I'm writing a number of healing meditations at the moment and I will pm one to you that I think might be useful.

Look after yourself and let us know how you are getting on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭maitri

Evening all,

At present I'm facing a serious health setback with many facets.
    While doing all the required hospital stuff, I got to thinking about the effects of mental attitude & spirituality etc

So, my question...has anyone who has faced illness found that the spiritual aspect has helped & if so how...would be very grateful for any suggestions

Ladybird

Maybe this will have a relaxing effect, if that's what you need?:

Healing Mantra

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭oil painting

hi op,you have to cheak out Louise L Hay 'you can heal your life'

a book about healing and alot on illness and the thought patterns that cause it,in the back you can look up an ailment say... sinus and it says,probable thought pattern is an irritation to someone close,and the new thoughts you have to say to counter act it.

Loyise hay cured herself from cancer,i found her incredibly inspiring and have healed myself from many ailments due to positive thinking.

http://www.louisehay.com/

her life story is really interesting.. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louise_Hay

and this radio station she owns runs all the top healers in the world with weekly slots...
    http://www.hayhouseradio.com/nowplaying.php

best wishes xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭thebaldsoprano

karynp wrote: »
    I found my mindset changed quite a lot

Hey OP, yeah been through illness aswell and the above quote pretty much sums it up. I found that since it's passed I appreciate the little things a hell of a lot more than I used to - so there is light at the end of the tunnel :)

• Advertisement

Thank you one and all for the suggestions & wishes.

At the moment still working through but am using quite a lot of the items suggested & all are assisting

LB

Advertisement