Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEGS on ebaybanned

Options
  • 09-07-2008 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭

looks like something intresting is coming to ebaybanned by the way of aegs being sold on the site ,the message has bad grammar and slightly cryptic

aegs +free shipping could mean some intresting purchase opertunitys

http://ebaybanned.com/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

first its not really free shipping is it, when you start buying multiple items it really adds up, also they use the cheapest shipping via em/hong kong posts most of the items, ems and Ireland do not mix

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

They're grand for the odd small part that you don't need in a hurry, but I'm not sure I'd trust them with the price of a rifle unless they give a courier option in the shipping method.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Frank the Manc

whats the difference once you have a tracking number for it though?

i often get stuff off him and have never had any problems other than the fact he seems to ship all items individually.

tracking number is one thing insurance is another, and like i said i can no see him doing free shipping on anything other that standard hong kong post which we can not use, other times all i;ve got is a tracking number that confirms its left HK nothing else

also i know far to many people that have had to get refund from the place to trust it

I've often gotten false tracking numbers, tracking numbers for someone else's products or have just been ignored when I asked for them.
    I do order the odd part from them, but I've waited anything from a week to over 3 months with no explanation at any stage. If it was a flash hider or a couple of non essential items, I wouldn't mind. But if I spent 200+ on a rifle I'd want to know where it is and I'd want to know that it was going to arrive within a short time.

• Advertisement

I've often gotten false tracking numbers, tracking numbers for someone else's products or have just been ignored when I asked for them.

forgot about that stuff :) had that happen as well ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

didnt the email they sent out last week say that they were ok with the law and weren't gonna get raided because they weren't selling aegs?

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Frank the Manc

Puding wrote: »
    tracking number is one thing insurance is another, and like i said i can no see him doing free shipping on anything other that standard hong kong post which we can not use, other times all i;ve got is a tracking number that confirms its left HK nothing else

also i know far to many people that have had to get refund from the place to trust it

really, anything iv ever got iv been able to track through HK and then An Post.

i still think that his price will reflect a major difference to the more established online companies, even if it does mean slightly poorer service.
    who knows he might even hire an assistant for Jesse
    NakedDex wrote: »
    I do order the odd part from them, but I've waited anything from a week to over 3 months with no explanation at any stage. If it was a flash hider or a couple of non essential items, I wouldn't mind. But if I spent 200+ on a rifle I'd want to know where it is and I'd want to know that it was going to arrive within a short time.

i did get a tracking number before that wasnt actually on the HK Post site for about a week, but i put that down to the post office as he couldnt have had the tracking no in advace, or could he?

id probably see how people get on with getting AEGs first before id purchase.

kdouglas wrote: »
    didnt the email they sent out last week say that they were ok with the law and weren't gonna get raided because they weren't selling aegs?

2-to-1 they're not. They'll be building them out of the various parts they have on site just prior to shipping them. A nice easy loophole for them.
    Either that or they'll sell them as kits, assembling everything except, say, the front barrel or the motor before shipping and marking it as "assembly required" and leaving the remaining parts in the box.. Thereby they haven't shipped a working aeg.
    i did get a tracking number before that wasnt actually on the HK Post site for about a week, but i put that down to the post office as he couldnt have had the tracking no in advace, or could he?

He should have had the tracking number the second they handed him the receipt for shipping payment. In three of the cases where I got false or non-existent numbers, the parcels were at least one month late. He might not be able to get them before he posts them, but he should sure as hell have them after the fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭Chuck the Buck

The tracking number is just a sticker and they would have already have a load of them in their office/warehouse for shipping. I've noticed that he'll send me the tracking number a couple of days before it appears on the HK post office site as being in sent (i.e. put into a postbox).

As for the AEGs I'm not sure it would be worth the bother of getting one off them unless they started using TNT or someone, OR they sold it in pieces (e.g. GB in the receiver but the stock and front end/barrel shipped separate, or would it still get stopped?).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭Chuck the Buck

NakedDex wrote: »
    2-to-1 they're not. They'll be building them out of the various parts they have on site just prior to shipping them. A nice easy loophole for them.
    Either that or they'll sell them as kits, assembling everything except, say, the front barrel or the motor before shipping and marking it as "assembly required" and leaving the remaining parts in the box.. Thereby they haven't shipped a working aeg.

You got there before me!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

He said in the email and on arnies that he doesnt have any guns and even the RPG he used to do was stored in hong kong and shipped from there instead of having it in mainland china., he might just be selling the AEGs straight from china too.,

Advertisement